Spice grinding in Singapore

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Singapore' started by Madhub, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Madhub

Madhub New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Need a help about grinding sambar masala in the grinding mills in [COLOR=#009900 !important]Little India[/COLOR]. I usually get it done from my mother in India. Since I am not visiting India any time soon, wanted to know if anyone has experience in grinding spices in Singapore. What is the minimum quantity needed to grind and the cost?

Thanks
    Madhu

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Madhu,

I think you can check at Selvi's just outside Little India MRT. I have heard that they grind spices, but you have to buy the spice from them. I have no idea about price though. Please update if you find a place to grind spices. It will be of help to others. Thanks :)

3. Madhub

Madhub New IL'ite

Hi Akila,

Thanks for your kind reply and sorry for the delayed response. I googled for Selvi mills and found one in No.22 Pandan loop shop no. 01-189. I visited the mill with the whole spices yesterday and they did a good job. We need not necessarily buy the spices from them, but they do have every spice available there.They also grind other powders like rice, gram and kanji cereals. They charged $2.5/kg for sambar powder. Hope this info is helpful to others.

Regards,
    Madhu.

1 person likes this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you madhu for updating. This will be of great help to many here, including myself. I have been thinking of getting the rice flour grounded for aathirasams, but had been reluctant to seek out, and ended up doing it at home. Now I can get it done there :) Thanks a ton dear :)

5. Madhub

Madhub New IL'ite

You are welcome Akila :) !!!