1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soul mate

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tanoshii, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

firstly,

I do not believe in soulmate thing.. I believe if you can accept some one with your whole heart irrespective of differences, that is enough to live with.. and this accepting the others is a process. it will never occur in a moment.. it takes a lot of time.. some times we can realise the process and at times we do not realise and confuse ourselves and complicate the relationships.. and in this process we learn to deal with...

and some of the lines in your post touched my heart and true to the core

- agree with this 100%.. Even after accepting & finding the one person you are going to live with.. Its not going to be fairy tale... its always the same of daily routine with someone unconditionally there to support us irrespective of situations & mistakes... (But that support at times is missing in many of the relationships when the other puts up some mistake.. so Time will test the strenght of any relation...and in the same manner..it will teach us to give unconditional support to others some time and some times to accept that we have to deal with that alone ..)

It can happen.. The soulmate can be a friend only.. It doesnot to end up all the soulmates as partners / spouses.. there are some kind of relationships where one can understand the other with out a uttering a single word and feel the pain & emotion at times.. but that does not necessarily turn into a romantic feelings.. and they may not feel like that to each other but can be there for eachother in the time of need...

Sorry for running up so much into this.. Beautiful post....

1 person likes this.
  2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Soulmate is someone who can complete your unfinished sentence, or knows what to say when you are down!
    Just listen when you need to rant endlessly, whether it is about family or work!
    The one who touches your ' soul' by just being there!
    Your mom's colleague sounds similar to Prthviraj's character in 'Mozhi'!

3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

soul -mate???.. yet have to find mine.. but between my hubby and couple of very very close friends I think i manage to fill in that requirement...but I doubt anyone person can be a soul-mate to another.. as we are all different.. only by being and knowing with each other for so many years a sort of familiarity sets in and perhaps we get to know the other person so well that we can react before the opp party can act..
    K

4. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mindi.
    Thanks for your response.

Mine too...That felt like reality in many ways :)

5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Perfectly said.
    Thanks a lot for your response Pallavi. :)

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your response Jananikrithsan. Only she said that almost 15 years ago :)

7. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

hi tanoshi
    my take on this is different. it may seem some kind of bollywood story like kahein koi kisi ke liye jaroor hota hai and a pic with maduri forgot the name
    ..god has someone destined to be your soulmate..\for me soulmate can only mean my better half...
    i think in my case it happened so ..i had an arranged marriage and inspite of viewing ten different proposals ,matching the horoscopes ... everytime my (present hubby's)horoscope would only land up in my moms hand...its quite a story how much both my parents and my inlaws tried to keep aside our respective horo they both landed up with viewing the same .finally they decided to proceed things and i think we were the prefect match as though it was god send.
    we do have our ups and downs but neverthless soulMates!!!

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your response Kelly.

That is right...I guess when you live with a person long enough and accept the differences, you kind of grow to be soul mates.

My father in law's aunt got married when she was 11 years old. Her husband at that time was 18. They were married off just so that there is one less responsibility in the house. They had loads of troubles between them and their families. They lost about 6 children until they had one last to live with until the end of their days. As years went by they got closer doing everything together and living life just to be there for each other.
    The closeness was most evident when their end came.

Paati passed away all of a sudden when she was 95. And while her ceremonies were being carried out, Taatha passed away - that was the 9th day. They lived together for 84 years as a couple and when they parted this world it was as a twin flame. In our culture we believe that the soul parts this world and goes to the heavens at the end of the 13 day ceremony..apparently paati did not want to leave her grieving husband behind either...weren't they something!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Tanoshi,

i think this is yr first snippet, and i must say , u are one hell of a great writer. Welcome to Snippets with a bang.

Well when i met my soul mate, that is harsha my wife, an arranged marriage, i did not hear a ting, or a tong !!!

How come, that we are still married 31 years later eh ! HAHA

Good one.

Regards

kamal

10. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

That is so sweet Ramya. You were successful and destined in finding your best half :)
    Hope you have a wonderful life together.