Social Media: A Recipe To Sweeten Relationships Or Worsen?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Naari, Sep 29, 2017.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Too much of work isnt for a lazy soul like me

Sunburst likes this.
  2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

That is a good one... hahaha :smirk:

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Even the current day couple cannot really express what they feel on fb.... so they fill it up with inane stuff.... including pictures of the wunderful life they'd been having.

Ain't anything that is laid on too thick highly suspect?

Naari likes this.
  4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

@IniyaaSri Also, add to that list . Checking in every hotel, restaurant, mall, you ever go.. Also, lot of them like to check in themselves on FB at a high end, 5 star hotels merely for show off.. Posting pics of oceanside views, of matterhorn from their swiss hotel room! The amount of show off is at all time high!!

Also, kid pictures in every pose & in every nook & corner of the house. Tell me how many ppl are interested in seeing other ppl's kids' pics? In fact, it serves no purpose and actually exposes your child to the dangers of internet predators..

It reminds me of childhood days, when I went to some family friend's house with mom-dad & if there had been an event in the family, the host without checking if the guests are interested would handover an album of pics from the event saying "look, these are pictures from cousin blah blah's wedding". And the poor guest would have no option but to flip through those album pages & act like they were interested! At least on FB, you can stop seeing feed from a particular person!

Nice list by the way!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    sindmani and IniyaaSri like this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I agree, those birthday wishes really meant something back then..These days, I don't wish everyone, so if I really want to wish a close relative or a close friend, I have to hide it by direct message instead of a wall post, in the fear that I might hurt other ppl's feelings! And that other person sometimes wonders why is she messaging me instead of posting on my wall?? Am I not important enough for her to post publicly!! It's full of misunderstandings & confusion & also reason for breaking relationships just based on such assumptions!:( :smash2:Better not to be on FB, totally agree!

sindmani likes this.
  6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Haha, I agree with you pyaari naari....
    Some of them even told me, “ hey why are you calling and wishing me, post on my wall....

Not sure if technology is really bringing people closer or creating distance....

I come from the old school of thought, for me a friend is someone to whom i can pour my heart out, be myself and yet have no fear of being judged.... this is what i love to give as a friend too....

Most of the times, when am clueless about the things happening in my life, these below things from a good friend makes me feel better
    A hug
    A breakfast and a cup of masala chai
    A walk
    Silly and stupid discussions....

sindmani and Naari like this.
  7. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Fort
    Fortunately, I have not had such problems. Facebook and WhatsApp are good parts of life as long as we do not allow them to control our lives.

8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

You are really fortunate! Wondering if such problems are juvenile / restricted to young who may overthink every single move on FB?

sindmani and IniyaaSri like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

:blush: are you suggesting that the young are restless ? And would eventually grow out of it ? IMO it does not happen. The old are as prone to get pissed off by whatever they construe with whatever they see (or don't see), feel, read on social media.

Naari likes this.
  10. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Haha :laughing: yes old are prone to be pissed off as well , but maybe mature enough or too tired to worry about it? Don’t they say nothing ever bothers you when you turn 60 or 70 just because you have seen pretty much everything??

I don’t know, let’s see if I get calmer as I age:wink: I haven’t seen my maturity levels keep up with my age, that ones a big laggard!:tongueclosed::lol:

Nonya likes this.