Sleep Problems

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Needtobestrong, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

With baby to look after, it's quite obvious that there will be interrupted sleep..but I seem to have trouble sleeping..some days I would be soooo tired at end of day, that my body would ache and I would crave for sleep..but after lying on bed I would not get sleep..and would be tossing and turning till 1-2 am atleast and then be very tired while alarm goes off in morning..
    Sometimes my sleep is interrupted in night by crying baby..after making baby to sleep I would lie down exhausted but still unable to sleep..tossing and turning..
    Daytime also I try to take naps but not possible for long time as I would have manage everything alone..
    Night if I don't get good sleep I find it difficult..
    There are no elders staying with me right now to help out...
    Sleep troubles are causing body pain, fatigue and back pain..even stomach pan and acidity..
    Is this normal..any if u new moms experienced like this?
    Is it due to mental stress or physical cause?
    Note: I don't drink coffee tea etc..I have cut out caffeine and rarely drink a cup of tea very occasionally

Any natural remedies or techniques for getting good deep and restful sleep postpartum?
    Drinking warm milk before sleep is something I follow, but doesn't work always.

2. dhanalakshmidev

dhanalakshmidev Senior IL'ite

Get into some novels or books like that...also try to avoid morning naps...it might also the cause for not getting into sleep..bcoz even if i slept for 10 mns in the morning...i find very difficult to get sleep at night....so i used to read novels or books at that time and slept off...u too try that...it will help you.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I ll try that thanks

4. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Get a checkup bcz I did the same ignoring thinking it's at the beginning so happens but due to too much stress I lost my sleep ended up taking prescription meds for sleep,it was long time though...n m still struggling with sleep...so plz go to doc ask what is wrong check ur harmone.. ur health will spoil sleep is must..
    Get help dear..

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

People used to say having warm milk before sleep gets you some sleep. Try that out.
    Try to empty your mind before going to bed. Clean mind might bring sleep fast. Or think of something good. May be that will calm your mind and help you to get some sleep.
    Don't stress yourself.

6. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Post delivery its difficult to get sleep especially when you don't have any elders staying with you to help you out. Which month is this post delivery and are you still feeding the baby? How old is the baby?
    Usually its good to get help from elders 3 months post delivery . If you can get help from any ladies , then you can try having post natal massage and warm water bath which will definitely help yourself to get relaxed and you will get enough sleep. You can do the same with your baby, so it can sleep well too. Baby waking up at nights might be because of hunger, thirst or colicky pain.
    Feed him enough for 10-20 minutes. If not hungry give a light massage to its tummy, by which the colic can go off. Give drops like xymex, whichever is provided by the pediatrician, once a while. Ask help from your husband.
    Lie down in the morning with the baby, whenever he sleeps. Its better to avoid sleep in the morning and have food properly, drink warm milk, listen to music and relax yourself and go to bed. Having a good head massage with bath is the best way to cope up with this situation.

Giri12, Needtobestrong and sindmani like this.