1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sister In Law - Cannot Understand Her Behaviour

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SonyThumma, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

While someone come to the house it’s common ritual to give haldi kumkum or apply to forehead. If u did not do it she must have took the liberty to do it by herself . Yes some ppl apply to their mangalsutra. I knew one of my neighbors applied it to mangalsutra and if they visit us they insist on applying to the mangalsutra and forehead. .
    I don’t think she has any ill feel for u .

shravs3 likes this.
  2. NaiveLady

NaiveLady Senior IL'ite

Hi, I can't relate exactly since I don't have a brother, but I do have a brother-in-law (husband's brother) so his wife is my co-sister. Others have written some helpful info regarding your sister-in-law's gestures/behavior, her behavior doesn't seem ill-intentioned or harmful or mean as far as I can see, based on what little you have mentioned about her. Is she a pleasant and kind person to interact with and have conversations with? Aside from what you mentioned, are there other memories you have with her that are more positive?

Understanding between two people is not easy and takes a lot of work and patience from both of them, so if you and her work at building your relationship, am sure things will improve over time.. You mentioned you are close with your brother, am sure that helps.

It is easy to advise. I know I have things to work on regarding my relationship with my co-sister. but it is a long story and outside the scope of this post.

Good luck!

3. aks12

aks12 Bronze IL'ite

Dont worry too much about these things-although the oil thing does seem a bit queer.