1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shown!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Feb 23, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Harish was all excited for the secret meet for two reasons. The first, for being in the list of elite group of very rich men invited for it and the second, for what he was about to display there. Nobody, he was sure, knew that he had in possession, the rare diamond which was so famous for being one of the oldest and biggest. The way he obtained can best be left untold.

They were all invited for a secret meeting organized by a newly formed group, headed by Sivaraman, one of the richest men in the country. He had been an icon and respected for paying all his taxes. "C'mon! You want me to believe this?", you may ask. Well. I don't know what to say to this. The organization, the venue and the request to bring along the most worthy possession for display, were instructed to be kept secret. And it clearly was an opportunity to show the wealth and to some extent, the connoiseurship too.

He reached there on time, in one of his best dresses and cars. And was so surprised to see his business rivals too and gritted his teeth. Altogether, there were 300 participants and each had something extraordinary to show. Security was so tight and they all were allowed to bring in their own personal guards. Sivaraman, on his part, showed his most recent possession of the earliest model of the national emblem, in solid gold. That was not a surprise, as the news had already been in papers.

As they all dined and drank the finest, Sivaraman stood up. All eyes were fixed on him. "Gentlemen! Now is the time to introduce the actual host, Mr. Ratan Shah from the Income Tax department", he started.

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha! What a blow to all the greedy rich men :thumbsup

3. rgsrinivasan

Yes. Happy to receive yours as the first feedback to this post Sofea. Thanks. -rgs

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good one RGS!! Somehow i assumed Masonic Lodge Meetings :)

5. rgsrinivasan

I had to google after reading your feedback, Nihasvin. Whoa! It opened a big book of information. Thanks. -rgs

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Excellent show with a very good piece of note. RGS can only rock with his exemplarary
    way of concluding the topic. Rock men Rock

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Nice one. My mind is going wild being tax practitioner earlier. Is it possible that he got a precious stone from someone he is trying to sell or he wants to convert his unaccounted money into something precious?

I left my tax practice after coming to the conclusion that I would rarely find a person with righteousness in that department.

Viswa

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

good story RGS :) with nice moral act (stories & films with moral ending are drying out these days)

9. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice suspense. If Harish were clever, he would hide the diamond and show some insignificat object to the IT guys

10. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

I was imagining myself as a Billionaire while reading it..........until the Ratan Shah came and spoilt it!!!!!!!!!:rant

Enjoyed your narration as usual.:thumbsup