1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I leave my baby with MIL or at Daycare please give me your suggestion

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sweetyk, May 18, 2012.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Yes Rakhi,

Please tell me what to look for in a nanny. And also, Have you started to work? Did you mom left to India? What are you planning, if day care aren't you worried for infections? Many are saying that infants will be prone to infections in day care thats why I am totally concerned. Other wise its a trusting place to leave child in day care.

Thanks a lot for coming here and answering me.

Sweety

2. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Thats sad to know that the Nanny was so horrible there for your friend. Ya, I agree its tough to trust a stranger.

Ya, My dad wants to come and help for couple of months. But I am not sure how far he can help me. Cause, he never stayed in side 4 walls for whole day. I ma not sure how comfortable he will feel to take care of a kid, as he may not have that patience. I will feel bad to make him do all that for me.

Thats why I kept him as last option, as I dont want to trouble him so much.

sweety

3. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

My kid will be 7 months when my mom leaves. Did your kid face any infection issues? I am just worried of infections as every one say its better to keep in day care after 1 year.

sweety

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sweetyk good that you already took the first step of calling her. Now nobody can blame you.

Day care or nanny

Day care is better in terms of security. Baby will also learn to socialize. They would know basic first aid procedures. Some day cares evenn have camera facility.

My friend had kept a nanny. She was good and decent. She had no problems. But the kid still had stranger anxiety.

5. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

Sweety,

If your MIL is ready to come over here, then that is the best option. No DIL have good relation with MIL. hold back your ego, get your MIL to US atleast till your kid is 1 or 2 yrs old and a reason for your MIL so that you will take care her when she is old.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  6. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

I don't have ego to call her dear. I was not sure if she will be wiling or not. She fights with my hubby more than me :). No matter what I will surly help her in her old age thats not an issue.

Any ways leaving all those, I requested her 3 times and she did not show any interest to come and help me.

I initiated her visa in 2010 and invited them in 2010 for a grand vacation at that time they came and enjoyed there period. Now when I needed help there is not interest. :(

My mom took leave for 6 months and even extend her stay for 2 more months and helped me. I want to adjust completely with mother in law if she come to help me. Just wanted her to take care of kid from 11 am to 12.30 pm and 1.30 to 3 pm and 4pm to 5 pm. Thats all. No need for any other help.

9 am to 11 am -- Husband wll take care
    11 am to 12.30 -- MIL (if she comes)
    12.30 to 1.30 --I will come home for a lunch break and feed baby, and put her to sleep.
    1.30 to 3 pm -- MIL
    3 pm - 4 pm-- husband come home for 1 hr
    4 pm - 5 pm -- MIL
    5 pm -- I will be home.

After coming home my hubby and my self will take care of dd.

We always satisfy them with all there demands till date and never expected any help not even once in 6 years. In her last visit, I took very good care of her, I used to get up at 5 am cook breakfat and lunch for them and even in evening I used to prepare dinner fresh.Took them out every day so that they wont feel bored. sent her to all her relatives places in USA for visiting purpose. We took them to all major visiting places. Gave a good amount of pocket money and all.

Sorry, I wanted to vent out..

Thank you for dropping in your suggestion.

sweety

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

HI Sweety,

I can understand what you are going through. The option given by me is "If you MIL is ready to come over", if she is not willing then there is no point in asking her.
    Dont worry you will get a solution.

8. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Sweety,

Once she got ear infection not sure if it was because of day care. My Dr said this is very normal in infants (caught during regular physical check-up) and not the because of day care. Other than this she is very sensitive for flu, even after getting shots. I guess that is because of changing the weather and some how she got this from her father (Doctor also confirmed the same).

For infection from kids in daycare - choose a good day care . It might be l'll bit expensive but worth it. One good thing in my DD's day care they ask for regular health check-up of kids to ensure all kids are infection free.

9. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Ok, Thank you Priya.

10. rath811

rath811 New IL'ite

Hi,I am new to Indusladies ,I am a working mother and I have 2yrs old son. I am planning to put my son in dayceare.I am working in Siruseri SIPCOT.I can reach home only @ 7 pm.I am staying in Kovilampakkam(Near Keelkattalai).I have checked with 3 daycares in Kovilampakkam,but they said they can take care till 6 pm..,In one of the daycare ,the owner beated/shouted the babies when they cry..I am really scaring to put my baby in daycare.But no other go..Can anyone pls suggest a best daycare in and around Kovilampakkam ,should take care of my son till 7pm or 8pm..