Should I Keep My Pre-pregnancy Dresses?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by salad, Jun 29, 2018.

1. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Hi ILs,

My dd is almost two. My weight getting fluctuated. I have been running between 52kg -68 kg before and after my pregnancy.

Normally it happens like in summer I do exercise and get back to form, winter I gain all over again as I hate to get out in snow!!

I am confused should I really keep the hope of getting back to 52?? Should I toss those dresses which I didn't use in last 2 years.

Any tips,tricks, ideas??

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Keep a few that you really like.Get rid of the rest.
    It is frustrating to see so many clothes that do not fit.

As for gaining weight during winter...change your exercise routine for winters.
    You could start yoga or any exercise you can do indoors.
    Change your diet too during winters.

shravs3 and salad like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you haven't worn them in two years give away the clothes. Then get a few good pieces that you can wear over a range of weights. You will feel better with well-fitting clothes and not stressed by looking at the old ones you can no longer wear.

salad likes this.
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I was about to alter all the saree blouses that I purchased at the time of marriage. I thought after 4 years of marriage I can never be like I was. Then I reduced 13 kgs and became thinner than I was. Then again I thought of alteration then I gained 8 kgs. So nothing has been done.

Kera and salad like this.
  5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Thanks @yellowmango never thought of winter diet. This year I gonna try some and make sure I am not gaining weight. :)

yellowmango likes this.
  6. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Thanks @MalStrom . It's very true I hate seeing that clutter.

The better I dress better my confidence will be.

7. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Thanks @messedup this fluctuation really confuses me.
    I have no idea about my blouses in India, I will check it out next time. But I will make sure either my fat will go else my blouses!!

messedup likes this.
  8. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Which dresses are you talking about? If you are specific I could help, coz I'm also facing issues with weight fluctuations and many clothes of mine are lying unused and I couldn't let of them.
    Few which were well worn and used, I gave away to maid..but those which are good and not much used I still have.
    Stitched salwar suits and kurtas can be altered by removing stitch.
    Whenever I give some dress for stitching I always request tailor to keep little cloth inside with three extra stitches do they can be altered in case of cloth shrinking after wash or weight gain.
    Likewise stitched saree blouses can also be altered by removing stitch..many readymade and designer blouses also have little space inside for removing stitch and altering..you could go for such outfits which can be easily altered of u think weight fluctuates too much.
    T shirts and casual tops if fitting reasonably ok , u can wear at home with pyjamas and track pants..that is when u are in shape..if u use them for a couple of months they will wear out and u can dispose of them.
    Jeans and pants, nothing can be done if they are tight..
    But think positive and have hopes of reducing the weight and maintaining it..it's been 2 years since delivery and later u will get more time for yourself to concentrate on fitness.

messedup likes this.
  9. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I was going to make post about desi clothes and clutters. I have not been pregnant but my weight fluctuates quiet a bit. So I love clothes 3 different size but honestly I have not gone back to my smaller size in 3, almost 4 years. I have the off size stored in luggage so I don't see them but its still there. Why am I keeping it?

Because I live in USA and wear western clothes when I am not home. My western clothes is so streamlined. Can fit in 2 drawers and very well organized. But my desi clothes are a mess. I have luggage full of sarees that I only wear 1 or 2 saree per year but I have 20+. I have another luggage full of kameez ranging from different size & style and then I have drawers full of normal kameez that I pull out to visit relatives or desi events. I don't wear them enough but I can't seem to get rid of them