Shifting from Bangalore to Changzhou

Discussion in 'Indians in China' started by sandykhush, Feb 24, 2012.

1. sandykhush

sandykhush New IL'ite

Hi,

We are shifting from Bangalore to Changzhou on employment basis. I have a 3yr old daughter who is studying in Pre-nursery. Please let me know if there are any english schools in Changzhou. I found these three kindergarten-Kid Castle Education,Changzhou ELFA Pre-school & Changzhou International school. I was told that these are bi-lingual, can anybody pls let me know. Also kindly let me know howz life in Changzhou for an indian vegetarian family to adjust to like health food n all. Thank you :)

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sandykhush,

when u are shifting to changzhou and for how many years? I think for achools if u have any friend ask them to enquire personally or contact your company HR for this. I too have a 3yrs son recently i put him in kindergarten unluckily we dont have any international school nearby. Dont worry about the food. You will let of vegetables and fruits. Indian spices and pulses u need to buy from indian stores. you can order them or mail them they wil deliver u. I think there is indian kitchen restaurant in changzhou so there may be indian kitchen gyrocery store too then u dont have to worry. In chinese supermarket u can get these spices- star anise, cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds and pdr, bay leaves, sesame seeds chilly pdr. Pulses u cant get any in local supermarket only thing u can get is whole green moong. Rice is of two types thai rice and chinese rice. Thai rice is ok but hcinese rice is too sticky. We order everything from bhoomi store in shanghai. Here u can get wheat flour too in local supermarket but it is maida only. When u come here u can bring pkd garam masal or dhaniya pdr turmeric pdr and 1/2kg pulse and rawa or poha just for starting few days so that u can cook yourself. You cant rely on all chinese restaurnat to provide u pure veg food. Have u got appartment booked or u will search after u reach there???

take care
    PAdma

3. sandykhush

sandykhush New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Padma. Our shifting dates are not yet confirmed, waiting for work permit & visa documentation. Company HR is telling it will take 3 months for processing, so we might shift may be in July or Aug this yr. We are coming there for a period of 3 yrs. How is the Kindergarten where u have put ur son ? Do they teach English ? Padma 2 more things I wanted to ask u was bout the availbality of Milk n milk products, lil worried bout the quality n the scary stories i hear bout the baby n milk products in China. The other thing I wanted to know is weather n medical facilities. My daughter has slight wheezing prob n it gets worse during cold season. We haven't booked any apartment will have to search or the HR will co-ordinate once we reach there. Again thank u so much, will surely catch up with u once I come there :)

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sandykhush,

If company is taking care if everything like visa and all then you will not face much problem.. as company is inviting you for a fixed period of time.. you will get HR help. Regarding medicines i carry basic medicines with me. My son and your daughter is of same age. My son is going to group 2 that is nursery where they teach chinese letters not english then eng rhymes, coloring.. i dont have any international kindergarten nearby my area.. so trying to adjust. His teachers speak eng i asked them to speak eng as well as chinese so that he can play with other chinese kids too. I guess u can get international school. lat yr i was near beijing there we had international kindergarten and completely eng medium, so dont worry you will get better school.. Regarding medicines, carry basic medicines with you. Ask your pediatrician to give you list of basic med and dosage. I use med i brought from Inida but be careful bring them with prescription and sales receipt. Here in the hospital they give first chinese medicines sometimes it works sometimes no.. if child needs antibiotics it will be through IV only no oral.. my son got tonsilitis and he got IV for 10days.. If you know which area you are going to live in search on net international hospitals in your area. You are lucky if u get good doctors. I carry crocin syrup, honitus, sinarest, azithral antiobiotics syrup, deworming syrup ( you too carry this), u can take few medicines which your daughter may need emergency cases. You are coming in July Aug it will warm here so dont worry much.. I carry some homeo medicines for my son.. frankly speaking medical facility is good if you know chinese otherwise life is not so easy.. i wish you get help from your HR deptt.. if u get some chance try to learn chinese basic.. you will be happier here if you can learn this language.. Ragarding milk i never buy chinese brand milk... once u reach here i will give you list of good brands.. my son is allergic to milk so he never drinks milk.. your city is better place and u can get many foreign brand milk products. I buy cheese yoghurt cream milk from Metro or wal mart..

tc,
    Padma

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Anyways where are you living in blore and which company you are joining here u can tell if u dont mind.. i am coming to blore in june for short vacation or may be july first week.. we live in KRPuram

6. sandykhush

sandykhush New IL'ite

Hi Padma,
    Again thanks for the info. My hubby works for Wipro n we are moving to Changzhou as they have started a new operation in Wujin. We live in Girinagar, Bangalore. My hubby's secretary is chinese but I have not interacted with her & my hubby is a lil introvert, thatz d reason I am doing my homework as this is my first venture into a foreign land. Thank god I got such a lovely friend like you, u will always need a person from ur home land. Regarding school there is 1 international school & 2 bi-lingual kindergartens but all my hubby's collegues are staying alone & have left their family in India coz of non-availability of English schools. I got a lot of info bout Changzhou on www.http://english.changzhou.gov.cn/ not sure how far its true. We are planning to look for an apartment which is close to my hubby's office & my daughter's kindergarten or in middle of both. I found 2 hospitals over net which is dedicated as foreign affairs institute to provide medical facility for foreigners by doctors with english capability. I am planning to join for chinese classes here BTW do u know chinese ? Msg me before u r coming to b'lore will give my contact #, we can meet up in b'lore :) BTW I am Sandhya n Khushi is my daughter's name :)
    Thanks a lot n take care
    Sandy

7. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sandhya,

Whatever info i can i will give you sure.. i understand it is very difficult to manage for non chinese.. have many bad exp. You have a good thing for having a chinese secretary.. try to learn chinese and keep in touch with this lady.. All secretaries are not easy to handle.. always cross check what they are doing when it comes to your personal or documentation work .. i have bad experience with secretaries they are big liers, kaamchor and mosr seducing :-( sorry i have to mention these so that u can prepare your mind well when u really encounter these creatures called secretaries. ok i will contact u i am coming in mid june but to receive or mail a pm u must do ten post in one month.. or u can mail me at my induslady user id at yahoo.com.. nice name i have one of my best friends Sandhya... can u tell me which pediatrician do u visit in bangalore..

tc,
    Padma