1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing My Space With You !!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Drpreethis, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I always have been eager to answer any question related to Dental you had at any given time ! So thought will start a space where there will be nothing between me, you and our discussions :cheers !! This is where you could post all your queries !! This is so that you dont have to wait till I blog the next time to post your questions !! I shall visit this space everyday right after I login to IL world !! So be assured your qeries will be answered as soon as my eyes are set on it !! Cmon , People !! I am eager to learn something from you too.. :thumbsup

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Preethi

I visit the dentist for regular cleaning. I like to get your opinion about teeth whitening gadgets in the market. I have tried Crest whitening strips, but the peroxide in it irritated my throat, so gave up after a few times. I occasionally have tried Simply white tooth polish. Didn't see much difference.

Love

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Usha,
    You could brush your teeth with salt once a week. If you ask me I do not advise whitening agents from market as sometimes it overdoes the treatment and turns disastrous ! If the shade off you teeth is well off with your complexion then just smile your heart out.. But if esthetically it is bad then you could go for a bleaching treatment to your Dentist who could apply the right amount of agents onto your teeth and it is safe ! :) Take care

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Preethi

It is not that bad, so I have not wanted to go for the bleaching treatment since my dentist hasn't advised it. I will try brushing with salt. Thank you Preethi.

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Raj ,

Bad news ! You have to visit the Dentist, you really hate for a scaling ( cleaning ) of your teeth. Once that is done.. The bleeding would stop. The blister that appeared few days ago.. could be due trauma from brushing .. Do not higher your BP while brushing.. :) Take care

6. RanjiniHari

RanjiniHari New IL'ite

Hi Preethi..

Enjoyed reading your blogs :) i have a question. How often should we do flossing? it takes minimum 10 mints everyday for flossing, i do not have so much patience to spend time everyday.

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hi Ranjini,

Thanks :)) ! Professionally speaking flossing needs to be done every day. So, 10 mins a day will always be worth it. Especially the areas which have tight contact meaning, the ones which are either crowded or difficult to brush. So, either you spend some time flossing or brush twice and make sure the Dental visits are periodically regular. Take care.

8. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Drpreethis my husband had his tooth extracted in his lower jaw.I am not sure of the name but it is not wisdom tooth.Based on Dr.s advice, he had liquid diet for a day.How long should we continue this?In some websites, it is mentioned not to have rice since it might get stuck there.So I made a green gram porridge and ground it like soup. What else can I do? Please help.Thank you.

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

We ask patients to be on liquid diet, for reasons like - The patient wouldnt be able to chew well and so, the food get get lodged onto the extracted site and will come in way of healing. Spicy food aggrevates the area that has been operated. Also, it is good to rest the mouth for awhile till the healing is steady. Too much of jaw movements could move the sutures ( stitches ) and will strain the area. So, put him on liquid diet for a day or two and then, slowly increase the consistency of the food.. Do not give hot food. Ask him to gargle and keep the area clean. THe neater the area better the healing.

10. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the quick reply.