Share your Pet's funny incidents and behavior

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by easy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi deeps,
    Even my doggie is a foodie..he can smell his fav food ..luckily he does not smel our mouth..whenever we come from outside he will sniff our clothes only..when we come from hotel..he sniffs..for long ;-)

when we go to a north indian rhotel..we make sure we pack a tandoori roti for him.

1 person likes this.
  2. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

as i told my dog is a foodie..
    so whenever we are hvg his fav. food..first he will bark as if begging..after some time his voice/barking will increase..i sometmes feel he is cursing us for eating without giving him :).
    he is a pucca southindian dog..so in the morning when we hv coffee he needs to get his share from all of us. he ends up drinking more coffee than us..as hegets his share from all of us :) whenever we drink he will be watching us closely..he can actually make out when the glass is becomign empty..so more we tilt the glass towards our mouth..he becomes restless..sometimes he will start pulling our hands..as if he will drink from our glasses..or sometimes he will sit infront of his plate and will start banging the plate..
    can u imagine someone banging the plate at morn 530am. :hide:..

6 people like this.
  3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

LOL :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

We have a pet at home and his name is Orion. He is a brown Dachshund (3 years old). I have written a few blogs about him in the blog section. He does some funny things that I thought I would share in this forum:

1) Every time, he wants to go out, he would be sitting and staring at us and when we take him near the entrance door, we purposefully wait to open the door because after a few seconds, he would move his elbow (front right leg) and try to open the door

2) When he needs to go out for nature's call, he always sit up on his back with folded legs. If he does it very often, we ignore him. In order to express his urgency, he used to do it rapidly to express his urgency. Nowadays, he started moving his front leg as though he was saying, "come here."

3) We have a swimming pool at home and sometimes we let him out into the pool area. He is so scared of water but would go close to the pool and look inside as though he was looking at a star in the sky. He enjoyed chasing lizards and my wife used to make fun of him stating, "no more lizards chasing today. They all sent emails to each other and most of them are now started traveling at a higher altitude so that you can't reach them."

4) The first week after he arrived, one day I took him out and simultaneously moved the garbage can to keep it outside. I did not realize that he was scared of it thinking it was a big animal. He went running inside and was hiding for nearly an hour. We spent a lot of time calling his name but with no success. Finally, we found him hiding under the cot of our son.

Viswa

5 people like this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

HI all.. bit of Harley for you..
    #1---well Harley is very "concerned" about his "things".. not possessive as he shares but concerned... last week my hubby noticed that the stitches on Harley's harness belt were ripped apart so he decided to get it repaired.. and Harley saw him walk out of the house with "HIS" belt.. thats it !!! it seems he went to my MIL and started whining and whimpering.. he put his head on her lap and kept on and on whimpering.. she was pretty upset that maybe he is not well and she made a frantic call to me (I was out of town).. I too was wondering if he had a stomach ache or fever.. she checked him and nothing nose is wet..all ok.. just then hubby returned and Harley ran to the door and grabbed at "HIS" belt and ran around the house most relieved!!..
    #2--- Harley loves mithai.. he is a glutton for sweets and though we restrict his intake with MIL around he gets pampered like all of us!!!.. so everyday MIL keeps "mishri" ( sugar lumps) for puja and Harley ofcourse knows all the moves so he is promptly sitting next to her whilst she is doing puja and waiting for his share of mishri. the other day she bought laddus and he saw the box being kept for puja.. well after finishing she gave him his mishri and he spat it out and looked at the laddoo box and barked.. till she gave him one!!!..
    #3 Harley loves to come at 5:30 a.m and sit next to my bed and wait for me to wake up and give him his morning belly rub.. the last month being holidays I tend to wake up late and he gets quite restless.. so he will put his nose on my face and if I turn away then he will whine and whimper till I wake up rub him to his satisfaction and then lets me sleep!!
    more later
    K

6 people like this.
  6. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

Harley and Orion are so cute.. i can imagine how cute a Lab will look whining ;-) also orion the daschund hiding under the cot ;-). I brought chotu as a 15 day pup.. he used to be so tiny..and cute like the ones which come in Raymonds ad. and his fav.[place to sleep was under the fridge ;-).he was so tiny.

also i want to narrate the most intelligent thing 2 engineers (obv. me and my hubby)did with our dog ;-).when we brought chotu we had just then relocated from mumbai..we did not hv a cot..we used to sleep on the floor with the bedding ..and as usual whenever we lay down the bed..chotu would be first person to lie on the bed,,and then it takes too much of coaxing to make him give us some place to sleep..we will like the 4th passenger in the mumbai local train..clining to one corner and our chotu will be in the middle spreading all his legs and tummy.
    so we came out with a brilliant idea of buying a cot..we assumed that chotu cant jump to the cot.becos he is so tiny .and we can sleep happily ever after. The climax or anti climax is

Chotu slept on the cot and we slept on the floor ;-)

anyway we underestimated his capability to jump..infact when he grew up..he started jumping compound walls(can u imagine a Pom doing that) and going to neighbours place.. becos of their complaint..i had to raise my compound wall like a fort ;-)

prabha

5 people like this.
  7. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

and more post on chotu's indulgence. as i told we had shifted from mumbai.to blore. we hardly had any furniture..so the living room..had only 2 cane chairs and a diwan. Since the diwan is not very comfy to sit as there is no backrest.we used to offer the cane chairs to our guests/visitors . This was before chotu's arrival.

the cane chair became chotu's pet chair.so all the time he would only sit ..he eats /sleeps did everything on them.
    So when ever any visitor comes to our house..chotu will come with us to the gate to see who has come, . me and my husband will greet the visitor at the gate..and then ready 1,2,3 we will start our sprint like PT Usha to the living room...to get hold of the chair..before chotu..it would be like a mini race only.

I guess all the visitors must be wondering why are they greeting us like that..
    some times we win..some times chotu wins.
    when ever chotu wins.. he will be sitting like naatanmai in the cane chair .we and the visitors end up standing or sitting in dewan like his obedient servants.
    in the event of we wining and offering the cane seat to the guests..my god you should look at chotu..he will be looking at the guest as if they are his fav. prey..as soon as the guest leaves he will jump to the cane seat and he will inspect if all is well ;-)

9 people like this.
  8. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

actually we feed chotu anything and everything veg. like harley he is also fond of sweets.he also likes namkeen which are crisp.so we give him peanuts,peas, all nuts.
    when i return from work, my fav.hobby is to buy roasted groundnuts/peanuts eat and walk to the bus stand .
    one day,there was a pack of stray dogs..I tgt of chotu and offered them ground nuts..
    my god they smelled and gave me a very dirty look ;-).

looks like i have domesticated chotu very much ;-)

6 people like this.
  9. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Easy..
    Harley the big lab can whine like a baby... he will whimper and whine and make the most-est cutest face epressions and knows very well that I melt ... he can go on and on till he gets hat he wants..
    chotu.. is a very intelligent dog and knows how to get his way around.. I also know some poms who are extremely smart..
    more later
    K

3 people like this.
  10. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

the biggest problem is with Poms is that..They think they are more intelligent than Humans ;-)

4 people like this.