1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your nose ring story here - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Sundari,

Mine is a different story.........as i myself want to pierce my nose..........because at that age i loved to wear Nose Ring..............can u guess when i did so??????????????? When i was studying in 6th standard......... so after 10 days...............in the night when v are sleeping (all my cousins).........one of my cousin she forcefully put her leg in my nose and it gone..................

and it happened that i have to remove the nose ring and allowed the wound to be settled down and then again went to the shop to pierce my nose................

All this happened in Tanjore when v all went for vacation...............(summer holidays)

now i am happily wearing a gold nose ring..................

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

wonderful subha,
    u got it done and stood ur ground and the best thing is u enjoy, wish i had added request here for all to post a pic with their nose ring it would had been so nice, i used to tease my elder daughter as her nose is impertinent and after the nose ring it has become pertinent and she used to be behind me with a rolled paper...sunkan

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

when u want it in the double then u endorse it, in tamil they used to say nalla kuthi thaan irukku aduvum rendu vaati so chumma kadai vidadey adu pola u have done it twice...Bowsunkan

4. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

My o my, my nose piercing brings back terrible memories,

I had my ears pierced even above my earrings,but kept postponing my nose piercing.
    During my engagement, there was a big debate about my nose not pierced. I diplomatically remained silent. Then few months passed my MIL was getting outraged that I had not yet pierced it.Then finally she said I have to get it pierced.

Then very reluctantly and after much cajoling that it would be painless , thanks to modern technology, I relented. The nose piercing was not so painful as such,but the goldsmith just pushed the nose ring stem into my nose in a wrong angle and it bleed so profusely that I was so angry with my MIL [and thought I should call my marriage off ] but" marriages are made in heaven". My sister would frown at me for giving in and my little niece would look pitiably at my swollen nose as if I were an alien.

I did grumble to my husband then whenever I met him but it didn't matter to him so much as he like it maybe ......

And before coming abroad ,my sisters once again talked me into changing my nose ring to a smaller one " they said you look like an a maami, so being the ever obliging me, I again gave in to their wishes. The removing of my old nose-ring [ which I dare not touch for the last 7 years] was again very funny, with my mum using a Pakkad, my loving sisters had brought me and cute one which I couldn't refuse.

The finale is the most interesting one,now I tried to tighten the screw of my precious new nose ring and instead I ended up unwinding it. I tried but could not put it back,not without my sisters' help and so...............

Now again I am without a nose ring. :wink: good for me ......

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Sunkan Ji

Thank you for the FB.

I too wished to post my picture...But dont have a one...But I have a photo which was took by the photograper on the day of my wedding (Not with the real nose stud). If you want I can post that.

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

ippadiyum oru version not bad at least u enjoy what u like, nice experience though, iam also in ur gang because i got it pierced when too young and had to remove it due to my convent school who had a no no for a nose ring and the dent is cute now after so many years..sunkan

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear subha,
    these days all cell are equipped with one camera why not an original shot and i am sure all here would love to see your beautiful nose with the ring here..sunkan

8. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi sunkan ma'am and all members here,
    having a nose ring is definitely something. like what you had said ma'am,it changes your features. i found that very true when i was comparing some of my old pictures that day with some of my recent ones. i could see why my mom was a bit too aprehensive with my nose piercing. the day i came home from my outing with the nose piercing, she looked at me and remarked that:
    she had sent me off as a "little girl" and i had come home like a young lady, looking matured (though i must say that i am still quite immature at times:mrgreen:). but thankfully, now she has accepted the nose piercing.

and to subha ma'am,
    go ahead and post your picture with your nose piercing. not only i but all of us would definitely want to see it.

cheers
    maya

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

though i dont mind one wee bit of your pic old or new u will remain subha for us so go ahead...sorry forgot to mention this ..sunkan

10. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunkan!

It is a such a wonderful and hilarious thread! Enjoyed reading everybody's experiences....

Mine is similar to that of Vanaja's....where I got my right-nose pierced by a "thattan"; this was during my 10th holidays; I was not forced and did it on my own will --- my mother wears diamond nose-rings on both noses and diamond earrings ...so I wanted to do the same when I was young:) It might have caused quite a pain but the desire to get it pierced over-powered the pain, I guess:)

But lo.... :-( I dont wear it now!!! Wondering why??? the story goes like this.... After piercing, I was wearing a gold one right thru the +2 & college and initial years of work till I got married! My hubby said that the 'nose-ring' is for 'patti's' and suggested that I wear them only when I became one:)....so promptly removed the same and the diamond nosering is sleeping in the locker now....

Hope one day I would re-pierce the same and adorn the same with a "sparkling" diamond....:)

Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008