1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Selection

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Viswamitra, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hi Sindu,

It is such a pleasure to finally interact with you as I was only watching all my notifications whenever you liked my posts here. I couldn't agree more with your thoughts. If the prospective bride can feel at ease interacting with the prospective groom that would give her a feeling that she could communicate well even after the wedding with the husband.

Viswa

sindmani likes this.
  2. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Dear sir,

Again i am here and here are some of my points

1) What are the techniques a young woman can use during courtship to find whether the prospective groom deserves respect and is not a male chauvinist?

- Search via social network like facebook.. need to check complete history from the day posted, Photos, likes, posts shared, Types of friends etc etc

- Linked in profile to validate his work log
    - enquiry using colleagues
    - we can definitely get rough idea abt the guy

2) What are the root causes under which a man changes his demeanor especially after he appeared to be a perfect gentleman during the courtship and how to address them? - No one can study complete character in courtship period, so something we need to let go, if it is really serious, we can address.

3) What are the things a newly married woman can do to change him to become a fine gentleman again? - I dont know what to say , if parents cant change guy's character how come newly married girl can come and change. its highly impossible. No one can change any one's character...

3. Viswamitra

@sweetsmiley

Thank you for your second response. I welcome as many as possible. :)

The first one is very productive suggestion. I think most about a guy can nowadays be found in social media. Regarding the second point, I didn't mean the root causes to be found during courtship but after the wedding. When two people live together, they should understand each other well and what are the hot button issues can be found out. Perhaps, "change" may not be the right word and the right word should be "influence". I know my wife influenced my character fairly substantially after the marriage. :)

Viswa

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Regarding Point 5 above: Watson would come out with methodology in future.
    Thanks
    Regards.
    God Bless.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is interesting to read about wiping moustache and it’s Removal.
    She saw me with mustache very first time when I formally went to see her with my parents. Few months later on the eve of wedding i.e. jannavasam she saw me without it!
    Afterward till this day, I never sported it.
    Regards.

6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

First one, I would say is if groom has a good nature with permenant job , then iam sure things will fall in line with the couple. It is a long term commitment, so good character and conduct will take the first priority and the next important one is job .sorry as iam little busy with infant at home , I only read in free time.

Joyoflife likes this.
  7. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Viswa sir I truly appreciate your humbleness.

Some time back I read a thread here on IL. In which OP had mentioned that her husband never showed any affection during their courtship and after marriage they had huge intimacy issues. So anything like is a huge red flag.

Never fall for statements by parents or anyone that every thing will be allright after marriage or he will change after you are married to him. If something is not making sense now it definitely wouldn't make any sense later.

I would stay away from some one who says respect my parents no matter what. That clearly shows that he is expecting the girl to bend over backwards and will never back her up in in-laws related issues.

Someone asks for dowry a big no, even if girls parents can happily afford a royal wedding.I also do not understand when people say we didn't even take a penny from girl's side, we just demanded a nice wedding. Man you are not entitled to anything.

Usually people reveal a lot during an argument. So if there is an argument during courtship be vigilant. Does he display his ego or he handles it like a gentleman.

After marriage it's good if you mature up very soon. Girls should not expect to be pampered all the time like they do from their daddy's and boys should not expect a mother's care.

My better half is never good with compliments so he never complimented me in the beginning years and being a typical girl I always took it personally. I expected him to compliment me and say that he loves me every now and thn. When I realised it has nothing to do with me, its just that he is not v expressive I started asking him honey can you please honestly tell me how I look or love can you please say that you love me. Not that I always get the answers I want but we laugh a lot about it.

I believe we really evolve as people and if we are sticking hard to the person he or she was or to the person in our head we loose a lot of touch with reality.

Viswa sir my heartfelt regards to Mrs viswamita. Its a pure joy to read about the bond you both share.

8. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Duplicate post

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  9. Viswamitra

Hi Sindu,

Thank you for your second response. When I asked my father in law about what made him to decide to give his daughter's hand to me, he replied, "it was the impeccable character, good family background and nice education". He also felt job would automatically be there, if one has good education.

Thank you for responding to my posts despite you taking care of an infant.

Viswa

sindmani likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

@Joyoflife,

Thank you for yet another great response with excellent points about the red flags. Even if someone is very good in courtship period, he could change later but the young woman needs to understand the underlying thread that drives his attitude, behavior and character ("ABC"). ABC is always buried in subconscious mind of a young man and bringing that out will reveal him even if he is suppressing them during courtship. The young woman needs to find those trigger points that would reveal the young man's true ABC.

Frankly, we had a very rocky marriage in the first few years not because of any one of us but because of others. It was our courage and determination to stand up together to resist any attempt that would have broken our relationship as a spouse that saved our wedding. We have recently entered 36th year after our marriage.

Viswa

Joyoflife likes this.