1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School Worries(very Long)

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by csm, Aug 26, 2016.

1. csm

csm Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I finally was able to change my son to a different school(my previous thread).It is not a highly reputed school but a medium school but giving importance to education.My kid is happy to go to school now though he still cant write in sentence, but is trying.I was so happy when he told me that he is happy in the school and his teacher helps him when he cant understand unlike his previous school.Before joining school i tried various schools especially montessori method type schools, they outright rejected saying that they take admission only from kindergarten and not in between.And then there was this school which had mont method till fourth std and cbse for higher classes.I called them explained the situation they asked me to come along with the child.First time was classroom visit and getting to know the child background which went well.Second visit to give a written test which my son passed, the lady called up n told once we meet the principal we can finish the admission process.I was happy that atlast my child got admission(it was july last week).The meeting with the principal was scheduled the next day, both the parents had to come along with the child.3 people were there in the room - the principal, the class teacher(who did not have much of a say)and an special educator.They asked question after question to which my son answered with patience and straightforwardness asked him write few things which he wrote with few mistakes(and asked me can i go out and play, i said s)They told us we ll let you know, then i get a call after an hour saying my son cannot get an admission as he did not meet the "schools standard".My FIL knew the chairman of the school, so we went and spoke to him he told dont worry he is only 6years old he ll get the seat, talk to the principal everything ll b fine.Next day went to the school to talk to the principal and what she said was really stupid (atleast for me) . She said - "Your child's thinking is different, he gets confused between b n d writes 13 instead of 31 so cannot take him",i requested her to consider and she said that these type of kids need a special educator and the one in school has many students and cant take another kid.By now i was like WTF, and asked her why she said ur kid is stressed n demotivated coz of the current school he needs encouragement and special attention which only a special educator can provide after a pshyco-analysis.Mam i know that i am already doing the needful.I guess she wanted to test my patience,no u dont know how to encourage these kids only the special educators can do.i thanked her politely and left the school angry at what she said.so what my if my kid writes 13 instead of 31 and gets confused b/w b n d, its natural for kids(atleast for me)parents encouragement is what a child needs the most not a special educator who sees my child for half an hour and decides the child needs a psychiatrist.In my opinon its people like these who need help. my child answered boldly to three strangers without any hesitation to me its a great quality n i dont want him change this quality.So what if my child is naughty, afterall he is a kid not an adult. My H told maybe if he stayed in the room he wld have got a seat and i told him that the school doesnt deserve my kid.
    And like a silver lining we got the present school which is icse board.Though i was apprehensive since icse has more syllabus just went to chech explained our sitaution and the person responsible for admissions why are you so worried abt the kid ,he is still starting let him settle down(primary school set up) then ll see if he has problem or just anxiety.I also spoke to the teachers before the admission all they said we are here to help them n true to their words they r helping n also advised me that he is not confidence in writing sentences since he did not ve tat environment in his kindergarten, a little bit of practice ll help him.So now my kid is settled writing one or two word answers and happy to go to school n its been only 18 days.All i hope is he starts writing in sentences.