1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School Ratings Dilemma

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by SRK123, Jun 3, 2017.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear ladies,
    While deciding an elementary school,is rating the only factor to consider? how important is it at elementary level? One of my cousins son goes to grade 3 at a school with 7/10 ratings in great schools and mixed reviews from parents online. But my cousin says that its a great school irrespective of ratings and all his friends from the same apartment has kids who are going and are happy with the school etc. And for me, it would be great to move into the same apartments as theirs as my husband will be travelling(my situation with two kids one being toddler is a bit hard) and i would love to be in their company. Unable to decide :)

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not very important. 7 is pretty good. More so, if your cousin is happy with it.

If you were buying a property in the area, then school rating would matter a little more.

SRK123 likes this.
  3. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Rihana <3

4. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Rating on Great School alone does not matter. The need and requirements of each child is different. But I suggest you talk to other parents and get their view points too. Visit the school and the class one time to get a feel yourself.

SRK123 likes this.