School for BOYS in Chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Preethi2011, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Preethi2011

Preethi2011 New IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am looking for a good co-ed school that treats boys normally, since my experience with a previous school ( SBOA, Anna Nagar ) is very bad. The teachers treat the boys very differently and biasedly. They are not actively encouraged. Punishment is much more stricter. Physical ragging is silently endured, and complaints do not work. Even their academic result suffers. I fear that all co-ed schools may be biased. Any ideas?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have not heard anything of this sort. I know few almost teenage kids in a few schools none of the boys complain of partiality or problems

3. Preethi2011

Preethi2011 New IL'ite

Every year, the results of the boys is poorer than the girls in every public exam. And this is also in every test and semester also. As for teachers being biased, I have a son studying there and can vouch for the gender-bias. Many boys may not realise it, or may not tell it because of the shame, but it can never be denied. I wonder why this gender-bias in school is not recognised, since it is important to every mom with a son.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have a teenage daughter and a teenage son, both studied in the same school. my daughter moved school last year. my son is still held in high esteem for his behaviour and knowledge..no bias.

Regarding results, that is a different issue altogether, there are more things that govern the results, and let us not club both the issues.

when the papers go out for marking, it is not know to the examiner if it is a boy's or girls unless it is corrected by the same school.

Regarding the school you mentioned i have nephews, nieces who studied there and they vouch for no bias.. again perspectives may vary.

5. Preethi2011

Preethi2011 New IL'ite

Shanvy, The only explanation I can think off for your opinions is that these boys are so accustomed to being treated shabbily, that they dont know if there is any difference! There should be no reason for boys to score less if they are encouraged equally. The fact that the correction is 'neutral' ( as you point out ), only shows that the bias is in school teaching and not the correction. But this hides not only poor education, but a whole gamut of issues, including ragging, punishments, etc. SBOA may not be an exception - I m not so sure - but my view is that boys-only schools are safer if you really care about their education.