1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School admissions are approaching once again...Which is your good school and why?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Happy2be, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Just saw a sting operation on some famous play schools yesterday on the TV, how they ask for donations and what is the procedure. I feel any and all established schools these days are asking for donations under whatever name. Some do not but then all kids are not lucky enough to get into those few GOOD schools that do not ask for donation. So...I was just wondering, a school asking for donation and many parents willingly doing so to get admission for their kids, does this mean that those schools are the quite good ones in all aspects, are in demand and most sought for and thats why parents are willingly paying. Does this make those schools fall under prestigious ones?

I never paid any donation for my daughter who did play school from Mothers pride and now is in Presidium. One of my relatives called and said - "you are lucky that you got her into Presidium at the right time...you needn't worry about her for the next 9-10 years now."

That made me wonder, does this mean we made a right choice for her or does it mean not? WHatever it be, with such admissions procedures, may be jacks and donations, we would never think of switching her school till the time we are satisfied with her performance, which we are till yet...touchwood!!

SO parents here, what do you think are the criteria to be considered when you label a school as a good school-

1. affordable fees - that differs depending upon finances of a couple
    2. study pattern - how much HW, kind of tests and exams
    3. way of teaching
    4. environment and atmosphere provided to children - how happy the child is going to school each day.
    5. extra curriculars

WHat all and what else?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

2. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

have I posted this in an inappropriate section ??

3. gopalafiero

gopalafiero Senior IL'ite

not at all, common platform..............