1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scared- Family Planning

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rosylife, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

I have the same doubt. For most women from India, initially for first few times of s** can be more like chore but eventually as you start liking/loving your husband you probably will have more urge for it. Until and unless you consummate and try you never know. Nevertheless, if both of you are in agreement then fine but what if your 'wants' changes in future, so just want to make you aware of it. Don't conclude if you are asexual without giving it a try. And to try for a baby, you got to be relaxed and stress free. Go on for a vacation with your husband and plan. Since you have irregular periods, I suggest you to use "Ovulation Kit" to help you find the most fertile time in your cycle so you guys can plan a baby. This is just like pregnancy kit, and should be available in any shop over the counter or pharmacy. When we planned for a baby, I got pregnant the same month using this. So it can be helpful for you. Good Luck to you!

swiss likes this.
  2. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

My husband finds it a chore.. Now he is saying will do it to get a baby. The issue now I have is my irregular periods so no idea of the exact ovulation window. planning to buy an ovulation kit but looks like they are bery expensive where I stay. Thinking of getting it from India or ordering online. I am almost 29. So I think if I wait it will be harder.

My husband says he is lazy plus he din’t want to have an accidental baby.

3. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou for telling me about the ovulation kit.. Which ovulation kit is affordable plus trustable. I am scared of trying to get pregnant naturally and failing .

I don’t know how to class me. Maybe its low libido. I like sexual touch but the thought of actual sex repels me. Like I feel a man having sex with me will be like making me low. I don’t know to explain. Like I feel , I will be like unworthy or used .

4. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

A friend of mine had irregular periods and had difficulty in conceiving her second child, her gynaecologist put her on a pill.. probably birth control pill to regulate her cycle for few months. It was easy to conceive after she was off the pill.

I conceived by following an online ovulation calendar for a month.Many women with good fertility rate can conceive when they are able to try during their fertile days and you never know until you try. It usually can take up to a year to conceive.Ovulation calendar/apps, ovulation kits like clear blue all are of great help. Another friend used clear blue kit and it helped her conceive within few months. These kits are much cheaper compared to the expensive Ivf treatments, those will also take a woman on an emotional roller coaster ride, plus the physical pain and possible side effects with a hell lot of injections. I have seen some of my friends struggling the hard way for a baby.

There is always a starting point and you have to take that initiative, always try the easy way first - try naturally and take your doctors help to regulate your periods, self help is the best help! Seek treatment if needed.Stay positive and stress free.Read something relaxing, listen to some good music,pamper your self with something you like and try your best.Good luck

rosylife likes this.
  5. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

I used clear blue and I think you can use any kit which has positive reviews. Just follow the instructions thoroughly in the kit and before that try to be in a good healthy diet. Eat lots of vegs/fruits and keep yourself hydrated. I believe you have been taking folic acid prenatal tablets. The ovulation kit will help one find the most fertile days in the cycle, you & your DH should be prepared to have physical relationship around those days almost everyday to get pregnant. Try not to do it as a chore but be relaxed & turn on nice music. Also please remember, sometimes how fast you can conceive can depend on your body condition too. So if not the first attempt, don't get stressed. Study your body pattern and take good food and relax. It will eventually happen. IVF should be your last resort. Take care and be strong. Good luck again!

rosylife likes this.
  6. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

I am already feeling depressed. Hearing about people’s trying for years and not concieving. Now I regret not getting pregnant earlier. What do I do now? I dint even try but I don’t have any hope.

I also have this thought that sex is to keep a lady in submission by a man. How to change that thought? My mother in law considers my marriage itself as a thing to tie me down.
    Now this, I feel the society will tie me down.
    Always I have to hear things from people around me like you are a girl so you should not do that or this. Is there anyone who went through similar thoughts?

I also feel sex will make me feel like a used thing. My MIL taunting has led me to lose confidence in my body. I don’t have the confidence of getting pregnant any time soon. I will turn 29 next year mid.

7. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou I will try to get.
    I have 28 and half now.. Do you think I will concieve soon? I don’t have any hope.

8. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

Of course, why not! I got pregnant when I was around 30. Earlier is better but 28 isn't too late. It depends completely on your mental and bodily health too. I can see tension within you which is no good.

If people see you being married as a weak point, how about becoming pregnant and bearing a child who will be your dependent later, that will be a bigger weak point, is it? If you bog down now to your MIL's taunting, you will continue to surrender once you have a kid too and you will never ever be able to talk for yourself. Please, don't hurry up for a child because your MIL is pestering you. Stand up for yourself. Have baby when you and your partner want to.
    Most of all you seemed to be confused about what marriage is. What made you think that submitting for intimacy to DH is like a used thing? On what basis, did you agree to marry? If your DH was ready for intimacy, would you have done it? First of all, you got to clear up your thinking. Its very important for overall health which also includes overall family's well being.

sheztheone likes this.
  9. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

I am not able to understand myself. Marriage according was all filmy and romantic. I married right after college and oly after engagement I started understanding how society wants me to be. I am not sure if I would have been ready whole heartedly for intimacy if my husband wanted it .

Several things like once in my childhood one of my friends did something naughty and her grand mom said that.. you will be married off to rowdy type guy. Another incident is comment by some guys that i overheard saying she is oversmart because no guy is tieing her down.

My husband is still controlled by my MIL when we go for vacation . When we are away control is less. So once we become initimate I feel I will go weak. It will be like he knows me well enough to hurt me or if he leaves me he will lose myself. It will hurt me more if husband doesn’t support me when MIL taunts me , after we have intimate relationships.

10. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

Read books or some online articles regarding couples relationship. I once read article which said, intimacy means "In-to-me-See", its more of blending of our heart with one another's so we can see into each other, more of closeness with partner, the one whom you can rely on in love and trust. Of course, every relationship is different but coming together as one is the goal, that is why we make family not for sake of it. The more you read or talk with counselors(if possible) you can understand them.