Save That Unit Of Electricity !

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Purple2017, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

About 538 grams of coal and 4 litres of water is required to produce 1 unit of electricity.

One unit saved is equal to two units generated considering the losses from power station

to house. Let us try to conserve electrical energy in our house with the following tips :

a) Switch off lights,fans,TV when not required.

b) Use LED lights,TV and desktop/laptop.

c) Use star-rated tubelights,refrigerator and air-conditioner.

d) Use stepless electronic fan regulators.

e) Don’t use electrical heater for cooking.

f) Don’t put hot foods inside the fridge.

g) Always use plug for any electrical appliances in stead of temporary connections.

h) If you are using air-conditioner in bed room,don’t run it continuously in the night.

Switch on for a few hours and stop it using ceiling fan.

i) Check distilled water level in the inverter battery periodically and think of replacement

depending on the condition.

j) Switch off TV and mobile charger from the controlling switch before going to bed.

2. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Most of the electricity is generated in our country, India, by thermal power stations. One can imagine the benefit of electricity conservation not only by saving in power bills, but by reducing the coal consumption, burning of coal, generation of fly ash, carbon-dioxide, air pollution, reduction of ambient temperature, water etc...resulting in protection of environment. All the above tips can be well implemented in home. Being an electrical engineer, I would urge all housewives for conserving electrical energy. I am grateful to Indusladies for using this platform.