santoshi ma puja related posts

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lmani, Mar 31, 2008.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramami
    Can you elaborate on Santoshi ma and hanuman pooja?Drowning

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha,
    I hae not done these 2 pujas & hence unable to write to you.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

hi lalitha,
    i know the santhoshi ma pooja. i tried to post a reply twice but as i am a junior member i am not able to post it fully. i tried posting it part by part.let me try once more. otherwise you can send me your maild id, i can send you te procedure.

take care :)

regards,
    sreelata.s

4. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

hi lalitha,
    i can help you on the santhoshi ma pooja information.

you have to start the pooja on a friday. it can be for any number of weeks which is usually in odd numbers.

take head bath in the morning. decorate the diya which you are going to light with turmeric and kumkum.light the diya.decorate a kalasham with turmeric and kumkum, fill the kalasham with water.add 1.25$ or rupees to the water.wash a full coconut(a coconut with a "juttu", that is a tail, hope u understood wat i mean) decorate with kumkum and turmeric.

continued on next thread :)

5. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

if you have a photo of santhoshi ma, decorate with flowers. keep a flower for the coconut also.

have the akshintalu ready in a cup(rice mixed with turmeric and ghee, which they used to bless in south indian weddings).

the most important prasad/offering for the pooja is varutha kadalai(fried whole dhalia) and vella katty(jaggery solid one in small size) in a cup together.

6. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

you should have a santhoshi ma pooja book to perform the rest of the pooja as it will have slokhas and story. i have it in tamil.

when you start your pooja,take a little bit of fried dhalia and 1 piece of jaggery in your hand, and pray the purpose of your pooja(like:family to be happy, to b healthy etc) and put it back n the cup.

from the book first read the ganesh slokhas,then santhoshi ma sholkas and then finally the story.

7. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

once it is over drink a little bit of water from kalasham. have the fried dhalia and jaggery as prasadham.

the most important thing is :you should not have anything sour on that day.sour things like tomato,tamarine,lime,curd,raisins, any tiffen which needs the batter to be fermented.

i usually have pulao with carrot,beans and peas for lunch. for dinner i used to make adai, for whihc the bateer can be prepared just before dinner.

8. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

in the final week of the pooja, you have to do the same pooja with additional offerings which are puri, channa dhal sundal and cashew kheer/payasam(avoid raisins) along with jaggery and fried dhalia.

on this final week, you cannot serve anything sour to people in your house who r not doing the pooja also.

9. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

on this day, you have to call 8 kids(preferably relative kids, if they r not nearby, you can call neighnouring kids) and offer them the puri,channa dhal sundal and cashew kheer. the most important thing is you should nt gve any cash to the kids or anything sour which is in the form of candy also.

there will be a detailed description if you c the santhoshi ma book, in case if i had missed anything :)

hope this informations is helpful for you :)

take care

regards,
    sreelata.s

10. epics

epics Senior IL'ite

:thankyou2: sreejag. I happened come across your thread today only :shock: