1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sampradaya Chikitsa (Ayurveda + Yoga + Naturopathy)

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by babu, Feb 9, 2009.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Thanks alot for your time in replying my query.
    Will i get these things from kottakkal ayurveda shop?
    Can i take these medicines in those period days?
    Can i have milk products like buttermilk, milk, curd when i use these medicines? Why i am asking is, i have heard somewhere that when we are taking ayurveda medicines we should avoid milk products other than ghee.
    And lastly i would like to know whether these medicines reduce body weight? If yes, i will be more happy. And if not, can you pls suggest some good medicine to reduce weight. As i have already informed, i wont be able to do much exercises because i met with an accident.

Thanks in advance

2. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

1. you will get these medicines in kottackal outlets.
    2. it can be taken during periods also
    3. No specific pathya [ diets] in this case, just avoid usage of red chillies and fried items.
    4. this medicines are mainly meant for regularizing periods. once it is cured, can go for next level of weight reduction.

rgds
    babu

3. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

Thank you soo much. Sure will try out and let you know the results

4. yaojya

yaojya New IL'ite

Namaste Babuji,
    I am 27 years old, feeding my 8 month baby.
    I have been facing some skin problems from my childhood. It will come and after going to dermatologist and using their prescriptions. It will leave. Then the again problem will reappear. My problem areas are my fingers and my feet (between my toes and will spread in a circular way that i used to think it was ringworm. But i wrong. I recently came to know it was eczema or dermatitis). The main mistake i did was i used to buy the steroid ointment over the counter after many months when my skin problem re-surfaced. On one such occasion, i learnt that steriod ointment should not be used repeatedly or it will result in suppression of the skin and moreover i was not persistent in using it daily. One day i will use, next day i may forget like this it went on. After i read the pamphlet accompanying the ointment only i was more careful. Well all these happened before marriage.

After marriage, due to some stress these skin problems again re-surfaced. I thought maybe because i am washing dishes and doing more hand jobs with my small baby like cleaning, giving bath etc. Because i was not that much into house work before marriage. So i assumed like this. After i eat food at my in-laws house and wash my hands, i will feel severe itching and used to roughly wipe my hands with the towel which used to leave dry white like spots in fingers. This was going on and since i was not working and was at home, didn't give much personal care. While my first kid was 9 months old, his walker scratched my right feet and after few days it scratched my left feet. Then after i got itching in that area and it spread for more than 5 cms. During my sons first birthday i went to dermatogist and she said if it is by walker then it should have been healed by now and said some underlying issue. She was hesistant to give my strong medicines since i was feeding so gave me mild corticosteriod and other anti-histamine pills with Moyzen lotion. But my skin was not cleared and i thought to see the doc only after i wean my baby completely.
    While my kid was 1 and half years i went to a reputed doc in chennai and he said i am having leather allergy, allergy while placing my hands and elbows on plastic chair when i said i am having mosquito allergy. I know i have mosquito allergy because since i was kid, the mosquito bites will leave black marks on my hands and legs. I laughed to myself because he was saying it was leather allergy in my legs. Actually i was wearing that leather slipper that day so that it would conceal my skin allergy while going out and i am not working so i would not wear the leather slipper 24*7. Anyway he made sure i stopped feeding and gave me some pills. But just when it looked like my skin problems was going to recede, my pills got over. By that time i reached my in-laws house and after 3 months i conceived again. So i thought i will try my best to avoid steroid while i am pregnant for 2nd time. There was some allergy in my inner of my elbow where one will take blood. It looked like inflammation. It used to sweat more in my inner elbow side since my body was having more heat by being pregnant. Every time i went to my monthly pregnancy checkup, while the nurse check my arm for BP they will ask what is that and i used to dread those moments. Some how the allergy in my inner elbow got cleared after my baby was born. But the ones in my fingers and feet were persistent. When my 2nd kid was 3 months old my husband took me to derma doc and he said stop stressing but gave some steroid cream and pills. I really hesitated to take those after coming home and researched in the net which said to avoid during lactation. But the next day morning i was having severe itching and thought to myself to give it a last shot so that it would be cured for lifetime or else i would have to suffer with this feet in the public. Risking my baby, even though i was feeding i consumed the pills and applied the ointment. It looked to be cured in 20 days (that is the time period he gave me pills). But soon after, within one week of stopping the pills my problem started resuming. I thought to myself to bite my teeth and stay calm till my 2nd baby is fully weaned.

But when my little one was 7 months old, i started getting rashes all over my hands and legs. It was uncontrollable and it was itching unbearably. I had to itch itch to find only raised bumps all over my legs and hands. Still the itching would not stop. Full day i had to be only itching. Didnt know what to blame any food poisoning or insect bite. No guess. Moreover right that week back my MIL was cured from a variant of Varicella- Zoster virus. So i didnt know whether it attacked me. With a small baby in hand, i was more afraid. When we went to see my husbands family doc, she was not available and the nurse there said it does not look like any virus or else blisters wold have come by now. She assumed it was food poisoning and gave my injection. But still the problem persisted for one week. Thats when i learnt from net that it can be heat rashes or hives. I also did some dosha quiz and learnt i am a pitta individual.
    This time my husband took me to another derma doc and doc said nothing to worry, just dont have brinjal, root vegetables and non-veg. When he started writing prescription i said please dont give my steroids since i am feeding my baby. He said ok and said for morn and night pills not to feed my baby for one hour after taking those pills. When i came home again found them to be steroid. But i had no other go this time since the itching was severe. But a week after the dose given by doc got over (The itching has not even subsided atleast to a half extent with his doses. I assume he gave me mild doses since i was feeding) my skin allergy in feet got for the worse and during this time i was more in stress due to some MIL issue and my husband was supporting her. All this put a toil on my health resulting in allergy where i was scratching my feet in a hysteric way. I then told my husband to take my to a Vaidya doc. He gave me Manjistha powder which should be boiled and reduced to half, after which i was should apply some tailam. He also gave Manjistha Kashyayam, Aragwadhadi Kwatham, Tiktakam Kwatham, Koisoraguggulu Vatika and some unnamed green capsule pills.

On second day after i started taking these tabs, my 2nd kid started having loose motion for 7-8 times a day. I thought since she is 8 months old and has started teething, it can be due to it or she would have put some toys in her mouth. Next day my 1st kid got cold and when we went to hospital for both my kids, during a normal temp check up, found my 2nd kid running 100 degree fever. The doc gave some medicines Calpol, Norfloxacin, Sacchoromyces bourdii, and pedialyte. Still problem persisted for than 3 days. When upon next visit, doc said to stop my medecines to check whether it is the culprit. I was hesistant inside because my pills will anyway get over within one and half days, so will finish it and check. But my husband said not to risk child health and stop my medecines immeadiately and cant be taking her again n again to doc. Any way finished those prescribed pills and my husband was angry with me and didnt take me to Vaithiyar. In the meanwhile my baby was going for loose motions for more than 5-6 times and was not urinating. Atlast after 4 days he took me to Vaithiyar and told my concerns. He immediately gave me Caspa by Vasu healthcare 10 drops twice to my baby till it gets over and changed my prescription by reducing the pills i.e Vilwadi Gulika, Tirktakam Kwatham, Manjishthadi Kwatham.

After giving those Caspa drops my baby poop was okay for 2 drops now again it is going kind of watery then kind of semi-liquid. Can you pleas say whether it will not pose any hazard on my baby's health. When ever my husband is arguing for this i just say atleast her toxicity in her system is being removed due to my feeding her while having these pills. Am i wrong?? Will these remove any toxicity which could have been transferred to her during my pregnancy???

I cant say i am seeing marked improvement with my skin problem but can see slow results but still itching will come which will make the skin to be slightly inflammmed. Cant stop itching also, once started it wont stop.

Please Babuji throw light on my query. I am so sorry for this long write-up. Please give me some solutions.

Thank you.

5. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

hello

sorry for the delay in replying.. was bit busy with auditing formalities.

your letter was nice and self explanatory. Almost all things you have included in that.

Almost all doctors tried to cure it as they approached as skin allergy. The ayurvedic medicine which the vaidya gave you was perfect. it wont cause any kind of toxic transmission and all.

my humble suggestions are:-

1) take an ultra sound scan for any gal bladder stones are there. Normally any kind of internal blocks will symptomatically came out as itching to the body especially below knees.

2) take "gulgul thithakam kashaya: from kottackal or vaydyaratnam outlets. take 15 ml mix with 45 ml boiled colled "jeera" water and have it before break fast and evening around 6 pm [logic is empty stomach.]

3. take 1 row amla [ indian goosberry] daily with breakfast. which will supply your vitamin c needs and improves your immune as well.

4. buy one packet of eladi choorna take one tespoon and mix with pure turmaric powder 1/2 tsp and get it mix with virigin coconut oil or good quality normal coconut oil [dont use parachute like branded one for this] apply this paste in the affected area 10 minutes before bath. avoid cold water for bathing. use warm water with a small pinch of rock salt.

please try this for 21 to 30 days and get back to me with the result.

thanks and regards,

babu

6. yaojya

yaojya New IL'ite

Thank you babuji n sorry for my late reply . I will get back to you with my results after 30 days. Again thanking you

7. anuvedha

anuvedha Silver IL'ite

Hi Mr. Babu
    First of all thanks for this wonderful thread and your service.
    I'm 30yrs old. I'm obese. I was having pcod n sugar from last 5 years. I consulted ayurveda doctor near my house. She gave me kulathadi kashayam varanadi kwatham and palasaksharam. Periods got normal. Still cyst and sugar is there.
    Last month on scan, it is seen that my liver and spleen is enlarged. (liver-19cm spleen-13cm). Blood tests are normal only. So when I again went to hospital, that doctor was not available so consulted another doctor. And gave menskot, gynakot, sukumarakwatham, kanmada bhasmam, chandraprabha vati, kalyanaksharam.
    Are these medicines for gynaecological problem or liver&spleen problem?

Can you suggest a hair oil? Terrific hair fall n I have tiny blisters on my head scalp here and there.

Thanking you
    Anu...

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  8. durgadeviramesh

durgadeviramesh Platinum IL'ite

please give natural remedie to cure back pain:oops: and anyone know hand muthiraigal:wave pls share about that.

9. CountUrBlessing

CountUrBlessing Bronze IL'ite

Babu sir,

Is there any thailam to remove facial hair. In 30 yrs old and have this problem. Pls suggest

Thanks

10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Good morning Babu sir

I am following the application of Elaneer kuzhambu and Anu thailam almost on a regular basis as per your suggestion.Helping a lot.
    But occasionaly i get this sinus infection-with bad cold,mild fever etc.

I am facing a problem currently due to a pre menopausal stage.

My skin has started to become very dry and itchy. I am applying gingelly oil [nallennai] before bath for about 1/2 hour and it helps a bit.

Periods are very irregular ,with a gap of 5-6 months and so scanty. That is okay as i know that it is a part of this process.

Since i travel a bit,is there any medicine in Ayurveda in the tablet form for immunity? [i tend to catch cold most of the time due to this acute sinusitis. Please help me out here.

Thank you.