1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saffron Wonder

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 3, 2017.

Do you believe in omnipresence of Almighty?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2017.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I believe that God has better things to do that return diamond jewellery to people who can afford it in the first place. There is so much war, poverty and misery around us that when people thank God for such happenings it is quite silly. Hope he uses his time in better ways than that.

Edit: if your miracle had been of a different nature, like someone saving you from a near accident or some stranger helping your child out in a sticky situation, yes i would have thanked the person and God for acting through the mortal.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@Brevity thanks to your feedback. No where in the thread under discussion, the word "God" appears and your inference could be absolutely correct. While God is busy in reconstructing or refurbishing the spoiled cosmos, His aides in various forms are always detailed to perform to help, to lend helping hand to the indigent needy etc. None disputes or claims what should be or what ought to be the duties of "God". With thousands of religious places across the globe, millions of followers attending or visiting temples, churches, synagogues, mosques, etc evidences the nature of help or miracle happened to them and their visit is either to ask or to say thanks!
    Regards. Stay blessed.

iamsrihere likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Facts are stranger than fiction & all is well that ends well. It is a nice write-up, @Thyagarajan Sir. At one point I was wondering whether the taxi driver would rob the necklace or try to ransack your house!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shri Thyagarajan,
    I happened to read your snippet on'Saffron Wonder' just now.
    I had an experience of a different kind some 40 years back.

It was the month of Adi in 1975.Myself,my husband,our two young kids along with my mother-in-law had been on L.F. C to various places such as Trichy, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari etc.
    From Tirunelveli to Tiruchendur we travelled by bus and reached Tiruchendur at about
    7A. M.On getting down from the bus when we were going towards Senthil Andavan choultry, I found out that one of my diamond nose Studs was missing and the mere screw alone was sticking to the nose.I did not know whether it had fallen inside the bus or anywhere in the bus stand.Absolutely no clue.
    Anyhow we went to the same bus stop and enquired the conductor whether we can search for the jewel inside the bus.He told that the bus was scheduled to leave for
    Tirunelveli in the next 5 minutes and during the return trip the bus would stop in Tiruchendur for 2 hrs during which time we may have a look into the bus, if we so desired.
    We went to the chatram, had our bath.The intended Special pooja was not performed.I had lot of scoldings and the pleasure trip turned into a horror.
    Our thoughts centred around the costly jewel and not on the fascinating Muruga. Time passed.Leaving my mother-in-law and children at the lodge, both of us went to the bus stop. At about 11.45 the same bus arrived at the Tiruchendur Bus Stop, with the same conductor and driver.All the passengers stepped down. The bus was empty. As agreed to by the conductor I entered the bus with a new broom stick and a small brush.Unfortunately these were the first articles I had to buy in the pilgrimage centre.I started sweeping the floor of the bus very slowly and carefully-nobody would have done since its manufacture.We could find pieces of papers,half peeled ground nuts, pieces of plantain leaves with spoilt chutney and Sambar,two or three hand kerchieves full of vomittings and two or three pieces of clothes with defecation by infants --that is all.
    Our search was over.
    At that time we found one torn out slipper with straps totally gone.We took the slipper and swept the floor underneath.Nothing could be traced.When we were about to throw the slipper out along with other garbage,accidentally I turned the slipper upside down. To my great amazement the main mookkuththi with the 4 diamond droplets was sticking with mud in between the uneven undulated surface of the sole of the slipper.( Even those days the jewel was valued at about Rs1000/-)More than the the financial worth, the sanctity attached to nose stud was great.It was the first gift from my husband after 13 years of marriage.
    No need to say that we felt very happy, met the conductor and conveyed our thanks and offered some amount.He bluntly refused to take any money.He said," Just to console you I asked you to come after 3 hours. With so many passengers getting up and down at various stops,such a small jewel would have been dragged into the earth,without anybody being aware of it.The jewel has fallen on the floor. Fortunately somebody has left his useless slipper on it & so it was not dragged off.
    'இது அறுந்து போன செருப்பு இல்லைங்க. ஆறுமுக கவசம் "என்றாரே பார்க்கலாம்! நாங்கள் அசந்து போய் விட்டோம் .
    (" This is not a worn out slipper, but a shanmuga kavacham that has protected your jewel""
    நாலு மணி நேரமாக 'நகை நகை' என்று அலைந்த நாங்கள் எங்கே?அறுந்து போன செருப்பை ஆறுமுகமாகக் கண்ட
    மனிதன் எங்கே?அந்த நிமிடம் அவர்தான் எங்களுடைய அறிவின்மையை உணர்த்திய ஆறுமுகமாய்த் தோன்றினார்.

(Where are we,who were longing only for the lost jewel for the past 4 hrs?Where is the conductor who visualised the slipper as 'shanmuga?He appeared as Lord Subrahmanya who made a great revelation.)
    Some experiences whether happen due to divine grace or by sheer coincidence create an awakening in us.
    This small incident made us brood over so many things
    1.We felt rather uncomfotable to clean the bus for an hour or so ,that too with a selfish motive. What will be the feelings of scavengers who are forced to carry night soil on their shoulders?
    2.Why didn't we accept the loss of jewel and proceed further?
    3. If the conductor himself had swept the floor, he would have found the jewel. Why didn't he do it?
    Even today whenever we think of Tiruchendur,more than the sea waves more than Lord Subrahmanya, this humble simple gentleman stands before us.

Sorry for the long response.Just felt like sharing.

Jayasala42

5. Thyagarajan

:hello:I respond with moist eyes. This anecdote generates Mixed emotions and alloyed happinesss. In the middle your gentle humour in sweeping bus floor and buying brush and broom at Thiruchendur.
    2. The period you had stated and the sojourn cum pilgrimage coincides with that of mine when my parents and just wedded me & spouse proceeded onlong itinerary that included arupadaiveedu. Our tutelary deity is atop small hill Swamimalai to whom Your moving FB TAKEN me now.
    Thank you and Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:@hope26 Thanks for your pressing the LIKE. Your Feed back would certainly gladden my heart more.
    REGARDS
    God Bless Us All Always.

7. Thyagarajan

@iamsrihere i am doubly delighted that you clicked the LIKE to-day perhaps evidencing the subtle message in my old response then to another socially conscious INDUSLADIES member .
    Thanks
    Regards
    God Bless Us All Always.

iamsrihere likes this.
  8. hope26

hope26 Silver IL'ite

Hi...very well written.Nice writing style ..
    Sometimes, i also hide my jewelry (only due to laziness of opening my locker) put them where I think no-one else think of any precious article.And in my case also happened i too had forgotten where i had place....

Please give tips from your wife how she's remember everything at their places....

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Am glad that you could bless me with your FB ending with a request.
    OK. Here it is from yet Un-posted - thread under non fiction.( the "she" in the following quoted passage represents my beloved MOM. My spouse keeps her valuables hiding and she would google it and or adopting her MIL/Mother method) besides asking me to rummage the house.)
    (quote) She narrated another incident about human’s perceived dilemma and God’s benevolence. Once, it was by noon she finished hand-washing and rinsing her nine yards silk saree at the back yard. During night, when her husband asked about missing topaz-studded golden ring, which was conspicuous by its absence in her finger, she thought for a while but could not think of the place where it had been lost or misplaced. Known for her aplomb, she responded to him that if Lord wished, He would take away and would return when He “decides” and therefore not to lose sleep over it.

She went to the prayer-room and lighted wick-oil-lamp, placed it on wooden pedestal in front of deity; she placed a one rupee coin centrally on a thin white-wet-turmeric-smeared-cloth, rolled it and tied its corners and left it by the lighted lamp. With prayer and conviction at the back of her mind, that Lord would arrange the return of missing ring to her, she was back to bed.(unquote)
    eventually what happened -for that await my posting the thread for which I have not yet decided the title.
    Thank you.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:@MonikaSG Thanks and glad that you had visited and pressed the Like. You would gladden my heart as usual with your short and sweet FB.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All.