Rotimatic

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by GoneGirl, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Also perfect for nagging and complaining husbands who always make unnecessary remarks on chapattis made by their wives!may help them appreciate their wives' handmade chapattis , or even better, inspire them to learn to make the rotis on their own!

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

if the rotis are not round and don’t measure 20 cms the husband can call tech support !

Sunshine04 and Needtobestrong like this.
  3. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Hi GoneGirl,
    I have had my Rotimatic for the past month, and absolutely love it! So far I have made rotis, stuffed aloo (potato) parathas, puris, and pizzas with the Rotimatic. This is a wonderful machine, albeit a bit noisy. However, one gets used to the noise pretty quickly. I highly recommend this. I use it at least six days of the week. Regarding the taste, my family really likes it. It’s not a phulka and has a slightly smoother texture, but that’s not been a problem for us. I think the smoother texture is basically because the roti is made without any dry flour being dusted on (unlike the traditional chakli-belan rotis). The big benefit of no dry flour is that cleanup is a breeze. It takes me just a minute or so to clean the kneading container and pan after each use. I believe these containers are dishwasher safe, but I prefer to handwash them as it’s just a quick rinse and wash. I agree with the previous posters that handmade rotis are better than the Rotimatic's output. However, for someone living abroad who doesn't have easy access to domestic help and is hard-pressed for time, yet wants to eat healthy, the Rotimatic is a God-send (albeit expensive God-send!).

The thousand dollar price tag definitely gives you sticker shock, and you wonder if it's really worth it (well, I did wonder, and researched the machine for almost a month before I decided to order it!), but the machine is truly wonderful and you wont regret the purchase. I used a coupon code to get a $100.00 discount and free express shipping (my Rotimatic was delivered in 4 days after I placed my order!), so if you're interested, please feel free to use this coupon: Order - Rotimatic

SinghManisha and GoneGirl like this.
  4. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

This past week , H bought the Rotimatic . So far haven't tried using it . Will do it soon and update here of my experience .

5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

With OPOS and rotimatic, you will be a efficient woman. Please invite us for dinner so we can give you feedback and buy one ourselves :)
    My kids have taken after their southindian appa and prefer rice. So I am not sure if spending $1000 to make rotis for my Punjabi stomach is worth it.

Caughtinbetween and Sunshine04 like this.
  6. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

hehehe you are welcome anytime @SinghManisha :) no matter how many gadgets one has people like me can never be efficient at cooking . i prefer rotis over rice and we make rotis atleast 4-5 days a week. but nonetheless it is very expensive . i would have never bought it . H thinks it would reduce cooking time for me and hence he can spend that time studying . i was happy getting 30 rotis packet from indian grocery every week :) rotis came out fine , definitely not like hand made but ok.

SinghManisha likes this.