1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rip Jimmy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

In some part of our minds we are relieved Viswa that we sent off Jimmy without much suffering.But the most heartbreaking thing about having a pet is to see it die before our eyes.Jimmy ha become an inseparable part of us. She will live in our minds for ever.

viswa, actually we are relieved that we helped jimmy to breathe her last without suffering but still the over a decade of bonding and affection is not easy to erase from our minds.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The flip side of having a pet is they die in front of your eyes and as we were forced to , forced tt put them to sleep.. My only consolation is ajimmy didn't suffer much.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

sABITHA WE ARE NOT USED TO SEEING jIMMY AS A DOG. fOR US SHE WAS A PERSON, ALMOST HUMAN. sHE WAS A SECOND DAUGHTER TO ME. MY DAUGHTER USED TO JOKE THAT SHE FELT LIKE A STEPDAUGHTER IN JIMMY6'ASS PRESEJCE. THAT IS WHY THE FAMILY IS YET TO RECOVER FRO,M HER DEPARTURE.

Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Completely understand Balajee. I am with you on dog being not a dog but a human and a part of our families. I have seen 3 dogs move on in my life, all because of old age and none of them have been easier yet I am here with Toby....the joy of a pup is something that can only be experienced.

I completely understand what you are feeling and the Jimmy's life story is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

My sincere condolensces .
    Dogs become part of the family and both the dog and the family forget they are different species .
    Their trusting , unconditional love is precious and a bhagyam for us.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Misti thanks. I now feel that it is better to admire others' dogs from a distance than have one of your own. It is l less heartbreaking when they die.

Mistt likes this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Ru8pz thanks.

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

If it had been cancer it would have been a lot better to put it to sleep. That would have been an act of mercy. Thanks for sharing my sorrow. I think we will talk about jimmy for years too.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

thanks for sharing my grief.

10. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Long ago, I had a cat as a pet.She had just given birth to kittens and we were fondly taking care of them. One day she was limping due to some hurt and that night she was attacked by 5 dogs. Unable to run away,she died. It was shocking and we couldnt accept it for days. That's when i realized i can no longer have pets because the pain after after they are gone is very difficult.