1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Return gifts for Navrathri

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 2, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Every year want to give something nice to the ladies and children for Navrathri.
    Last Saturday we checked in two, three shops but did not get anything to our choice and budget. Earlier we used to buy 150 pieces to give the ladies when we were staying in our own house. There in the eveningsafter 4.30 p.m. we used to keep the door open and people from out passing by can see our Golu and specially they get attracted by the lightings. We used to call all the ladies who pass by our house whether known or unknown.

This year since we are in a new place dont know how many ladies and children will be coming. Here it is inside so wont be able to see anyone passing,though here also we are in flat No. 2 but the golu will be at the side so people wont be able to see from outside the gate.

I am happy that today we were able to buy nice gift, a pithal diya not very big nor very small in which you can put the thiri in the middle and can keep it for long time. Also for children got lunch box and small different type of glass tumbler which makes noise.

I was just thinking God atleast today we should get something to our choice and budget and God heard our prayers. I know God is always with me guiding me in every way. Thanks God for always hearing my prayers and guiding me.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, sounds very interesting. So are you going to keep a gift for me? When I visit you, will collect it form you. I am so happy to read your blog. You have good heart to buy good gifts for people. I knw very wealthy people in our neighborhood who hates to spend money on foood or gifts. They buy things form india ( nothing wrong in it), but because of the package, most of the time, it is broken. Only few buy useful stuff. Some of the people I know give fnacy food to their friends on other days. When they invite commoners like me, it is always very ordinary. I shouldn't complain about Prasadam, but I am only human.
    Enjoy the Golu. All the best.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coffee lover

Ya some people are like that. During Golu they say you have to see all the ladies alike and treat them with respect.

I am just waiting for your arrival to my place, hope it will be soon , you can come and have lunch at my place and stay also with me because the new house has lot of space and has many facilities. I will gift you the diya.

love
    viji

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji aunty,

After reading your blog, I was reminded of something...My mom always used to say that God will always be saying 'Apdiye aagatum' (Let your wish come true)...So we should always pray for everyone's good and God will always listen to our prayers and grant it and also we should be careful about what we say because even if we say something negative/bad, that will also be granted...Though we do not keep golu, I will be going to many of my friends and neighbors houses for golu...Thanks for sharing :)

ice