Retired life:

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Megalife, Jan 16, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear enjoyed reading about your parents. Glad that they are enjoying their retired life . You have narrated so well. I also used to think how my retired life will be after working for 38 years. I the beginning the children were there so time passed. But after they got married felt boring but after finding IL my time passes quickly. Of late due to my health problems not able to sit forlong, missing IL and feel boring also though I watch TV and go out at times.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

What really spices our present life is looking forward to a wonderful future. There is nothing wrong in fantasizing the retired life. The life changes at the retirement phase because we are no longer pursuing wealth ignoring our precious health. We struggle managing our time when we are active in life. We reverse this process and stop pursuing wealth and start pursuing good health. We have all the time in the world to do whatever is our passion. If we have the right health and a little wealth, the retirement is heaven.

Viswa

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

HI Vijima
    You are such a good soul, GOd will always find something to keep you"busy as a bee"......every stage has its ups and downs. Retirement is no exception; wishing you lots of happiness and good health in abundance.
    Mega

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra
    Thank you.
    Grass on the other side is always greener...huh? WE pant and sweat to live...run a epic race everyday...before we realize, we are at the finishing line (may be ahead of others) but then we are gasping for breath. If the gasping is a mild dyspnoea one will survive due to the retirement and time at hand to recover, but if it is Apnea it might be a sad end! So while running the race isn’t it better to keep you speed constant so that you will not be completely out of breath…beyond recovery.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  5. Mrudhani

Mrudhani Silver IL'ite

Hi Mega,
    I enjoyed reading your post as usual.
    Ideally this is the kind of old age everybody should plan for, Of course there is some financial planning required beforehand.
    Sometimes my husband and me dream about we 2 sitting in retirement villa and enjoying our time according to our will.
    Your parents have planned it well and by god's grace they are executing it well. Touch wood. Hope they are blessed with good health and happiness.
    Somehow I am waiting and praying that my parents also lead a similar kind of peaceful life. My father is yet to retire and I honestly feel that this kind of life can be led only in a village kind of surrounding where in you have greenery, good water, unpolluted air, fresh organic vegetables and most of all good people around who add up to your peace. What do u say??

I assume that u r parents are not in city.
    Only this portion of life is going to be a meaningful life for each person as they are at their liberty to go ahead with what they like, I mean a true independent life!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kyle
    Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Isn,t it better to be prep and to accept every stage as it comes
    Mega

7. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mrudhani
    OOps a great delay in reverting to your FB!!! I came in here on seeing "MUMS" nominating this thread, indeed sorry for not getting back.

By Gods grace my folks are fine and happy except for a few aches here and there. Initially for a few months they tried to settle down in a Metro, but there was nothing much to do, unless my DAd/MOm would take up a partime employment to while away their time. They were not at all interested for this kind of an arrangement, having been already tired from his earlier job and the related responsibilities.
    They are not the kind of people who can sit still...i mean "retire-retire". So they moved to good town, where all of my dads family is settled. In that way they were busy yet their own bosses.....and for the financial part, the two of them have a decent pension from the central govt., and they are not the materialistic type...happy and content with what they have.
    Agriculture/plantation etc. is more of a hobby rather than to supplement their income.They have access to a good library and, with the net connection and cable they are never short of entertainment.
    Mega

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mums
    Thank for reading my scribble;...... going that extra mile to make a nomination is indeed a very warm gesture. Bow :rotfl Ilites make you feel truely valued, don't they. Thank you for the encouragement and making me feel worthwhile.:whistle
    Have a great day ahead!
    Mega

10. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

oh mega, I read this snippet with a very big sigh..:)
    lovely couple surely enjoying their long honeymoon...so now am into my retirement plans with my dear hubby:)