Restaurants in Namma Madras

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by AnithaA, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Janani,

Awaiting for the contact info and landmark for the above one..i love fresh bread...when my

brother was born i used to say to everyone that he is as soft as white part of the fresh bread :crazy

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Cindhu,

24997567, 044-24995701

That is their number from a directory site. Have tried there, awesome breads. And I loved your description of your bro!

Arch

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi arch,

Thanks ..me too found the results through J..D.. But had a doubt since it was addressed as mylapore..:hide::hide:..thought it comes under T.nagar or teynampet division..anyways will check them soon :cheers

4. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Latha,
    You can check in Winners bakery.. It is in alwarpet on Sir SV Raman rd.. U also have a branch in santhome.. but i am not sure if they sell all types of bread there..but at adyar we get good quality n variety of breads..
    need to mention that it is also chitramma's recomendation
    Vidyaa

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi vidya..more info about the contacts please :hiya

6. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

hey Cindhuja, this is the address - 19, C V Raman Road, near Corporation Community Centre, Alwarpet, Chennai - 18.

ph number- 044 4553 5262

I havent tried the number... but for sure i konw the address is correct...

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Winners in Adyar is inside St. Bede's school, right next to the Catherdral. The one in Alwarpet is just down the CPR bridge, diagonally opposite to Kirtilal's. Have not tried breads there, but their pastries and quiches are awewesommmee!!

Arch

8. pebblebeach

pebblebeach Senior IL'ite

hi all,
    Its a very very big thread....anyways I would be coming to Chennai and going to stay there for few weeks...I like food a lot....esp after staying here (in US for so long)....I just want to try out different mouth watering foods in India...Any cuisine is ok...I have been through this thread...but its such a long thread with so many good restaurants...I don't know where to go and which one to try as I will be staying here for a couple of weeks only.can anybody help me in giving me the names of some really nice Non-veg restuarants in Chennai esp within 5-10 miles of T.Nagar or Pondy bazzar area
    Also I'm looking for around Rs.500-Rs.600 for 2 persons range.

Thanks a lot

9. pebblebeach

pebblebeach Senior IL'ite

not even a single reply:idea

Atleast can anybody tell me whether there is any good non-veg buffet near T.Nagar (5-10 miles radius) ...

Thanks

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Pebble,

me being a vegetarian and never eaten in T.nagar area cannot be of much help. hope you get infos soon...

Dear fellow foodies,

This time during our trip to chennai we didn't eat much outside. the occasional too we stuck to saravana bhavana and a pani puri evening at Gangothri (opp. Stella maris). But my brother took for a take-out at Eden Vegetarian restaurant in Besant Nagar (E 37 second Avenue). The restaurant looked very plesant with green table settings and cute framed pictures (cross-stich embroidery perhaps... didn't pay keen attention!). The inside was cool with perfect lighting and very pleasant staff. We ordered a pizza (for my son) that wasn't really good to my palate, a tikka plate that was absolutely wonderful, paneer paratha - perfect, stuffed kulcha - again perfect, kadai gobhi - may be this was good too but something was missing and a fab sundae with jelly and fresh fruits. I had to cancel a dinner just a week before at this place with a friend because of upset tummy. I'm glad i got chance to visit again.

Latha