Restaurants in KL - Any Cuisine

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants' started by parasmanic, Oct 28, 2010.

1. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Lets share our foodie experiences.....name of restaurant along with location n if possible then cost as well...

Bombay Palace is a lovely restaurant with ample parking n awesome biryani ....their tandoor n mango lassi is a hit....:thumbsupit is located in the KLCC area around 5 min drive from petronas....the staff is smiling always :thumbsup

Decor seems a bit old but is not dirty :bowdown A meal for two can cost around 100 myr (starters, meal n dessert included)

Sonu

2. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Vansh in Pavillion is also a very gud Indian restaurant....ambience is excellent:thumbsup the quantity is ver less n hence only sufficient for 2 adults....the staff is mostly bangladeshi but nice n know hindi :thumbsup

Food cost is around 150 myr for 2 ppl incl starters, drinks meal n dessert( not many option in deserts)

Sonu

3. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Srirekha is a gr8 southindian joint next to bukit bintang ....my hubby has been here 6 yrs back then again every 2 yrs n nothing has changed....incl the decor :spin

Food is nice n reasonably priced a meal for 2 including drinks n desert can be around 75 myr .....ignore the decor n enjoy the food:thumbsup

Sonu

4. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Of all the rest. i had food ... the best been 'Gateway of india'. The food there is more closer to indian rest. taste.... where as all the other places i had it was like north indian fusion food (north indian food made in south indian style) :D

This is near hotel equitorial, in the Kelana International building. Exact address I dont know. This rest. is a sister chain of Sagar. However, i found the taste and price different than Sagar. I liked this rest. more than sagar. There is one thing about this rest. ... they have tied up with many tours and travels...so the food is not stocked as the tour have their lunch/dinner there. So i find it plus point.

One more... Modesto, it is italian rest. with WOW pizza... I love ceasar salad there. The one in Jalan P. Ramlee is my fav. location. They have sitting outside too there which makes the place chic!

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Girls

I am feeling hungry already after reading all your previous posts. I have tried only Bombay palace and that is excellent. :thumbsup

My favourite and near my home is ''d Tandoor" in SS15. I think its very nice and good interior and hospitality and their mango kulfi icecream is the best I have tasted here so far!!

I am sure I am going to plan a visit to all the other restaurants in the list every weekend:rotflthen I will become very fat:rotfl

6. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

There is a small joint called BBQ on Jalan Perak Road.....at the end of the road if u walk from KLCC Petronas towers....i lived there in a hotel for a month n we used to call for food from there

It is a Pakistani taste majorly but they make awesome kebabs n tandoors...for vegetarians there is no grilled items but their achari aloo n chana pindi masal rocks:thumbsup It is an extremly reasonable joint with food n drinks totalling up to 50 myr no deserts served....staff is super cool:thumbsup

Just next to it or rather they share the space is a south indian/malaysian restaurant which is dirt cheap considering the area it is in....meal for 2 can b 20 myr but cleanliness u ahve to ignore so we did not frequent it but it is nice for thosai n chai (tea):thumbsup

There is Yokozuna next building which is Japanese cuisine my son loves sushi so we frequented the place also when we were staying there they had an offer going on of 2 myr for the day spl sushi n i just loved the price my son cud have 10 of them n we wud still pay just 20:rotfl

Sonu

7. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

In Mont Kiara there is a restaurant serving Indian food....esp north indian is yummm:thumbsup Khana Peena its in Mont Kiara Plaza n they deliver too but only within a particular radius....

Amazing to go n dine as well:thumbsup staff is friendly....meal for 2 including starters drinks meal n dessert is around 150.

Sonu

8. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

Yep..Tried it out ..Very tasty food..They have a set meal for 2 - 29RM each, includes veg,mutton, chicken,rice,naan and a dessert(jamun/mango kulfi).

Preethi, since you're in the area too, maybe we should catch up there or for coffee at Starbucks. Im not sure how many others are in the area and would like to join.

1 person likes this.
  9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked the food at ''d Tandoor'' :):) There are many restaurants on teh same road as ''d Tandoor''. Did you see?

There is one ''Pakistani Cusine'' - ''Sheesh mahal'' just beside ''d Tandoor''
    Then along the road there is a chinese restaurant ''Restoran Sayuran'' which specializes in Chinese Vegetarian Food. As I am a veggie I am an ardent fan of this ''Sayuran''. It is original chinese taste cuisine, not mixing with the local taste of food.

''Sayuran'' also gives you home delivery if you order to them by telephone.:cheers

There are so many outlets to eat, and I am afraid if I am going to be fat very soon.:biglaugh:biglaugh

10. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Yesterday we visited Sangeetha's it is in Lebuh Ampang... precisely near Masjid Jamek LRT station. The way is like... as u get down Masjid Jamek LRT station, look out for McD ... the road next to McD walk down... there are few jewellary shops and then u can find this rest.

I liked the food a lot. This time we tried Podi Masala Dosa, Coffee, button idli (mini idli) ... all were good.

Best thing is they even offer golgappe...i know it would not be as like in north indian golgappe...but then something is better than nothing!!