1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Remember Me?

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by BhumiBabe, Nov 6, 2018.

1. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Remember me?

Remember me?
    I haven't forgotten you
    Sometimes I'm too frustrated
    To look toward you

I asked you before,
    Why tease me so?
    Why make it so tough
    To blindly trust you

Asking for favors
    Was never my style
    It's what others do
    Offering gifts, sacrificing with a smile

I just believe
    Isn't that enough?
    To know I trust you
    From making my life too rough

But even I need a favor
    I'm too shy to ask
    Could you consider,
    Just one last task?

Would it it change everything?
    Would I become like all the rest?
    I hope not, because this is important
    I leave it to you and hope for the best

Bewitched24, SunPa, HazelPup and 2 others like this.

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Thank You @BhumiBabe for such a nice Diwali gift for all of us in IL :)

Reading this poem totally reminded me of Hello song by Adele ... "Hello from the other side" ... I can still hear the lyrics in her voice and see the visuals from that video while I type these words :thumbup:

3. BhumiBabe

It does have that sort of energy about it. I wrote this as my attempt at prayer. I'm working on that skill, and it still makes me uncomfortable - asking for things

Lalithambigai likes this.
  4. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

A very religious man was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him. A neighbour came by in a canoe and said, “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll paddle to safety.”

“No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me”

A short time later the police came by in a boat. “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll take you to safety.”

“No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me”

A little time later a rescue services helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. “The waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and we’ll fly you to safety.”

All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until soon they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived at heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God’s throne room he said, “Lord, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, I trusted you to save me from that flood.”

“Yes you did my child” replied the Lord. “And I sent you a canoe, a boat and a helicopter. But you never got in.”

Source: unknown.

PS: Ask and it shall be given. We are all God's children. Nothing wrong in asking from our own parent. What you asked for in this poem is already given. Just a matter of you recognising it. Just saying, maybe you asked for a bike to go to work and God gifted you a Lambhorgini. You didn't get a bike but you can go to work in the Lambhorgini :) and whisper a silent Thank You, that's enough :)

BhumiBabe likes this.
  5. BhumiBabe

Nice story. You are right, God alway answers our prayers - it might not be the way that we expect.

Lalithambigai likes this.