1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Remedy for knee pain

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by aratisajjan, Feb 13, 2014.

1. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I have been following IL from quite some time and this is my first thread here. Please help me with my query.

My mother is 53 years old and from past 3-4 months, she is having severe knee pain in both the legs.It has become extremely painful for her to do the daily household work. she consulted few doctors, but nothing did work. Could you please ladies help me with any effective home remedy or if you know any good doctor in Bangalore near jayanagar so that we can consult there. He has thyroid and very low calcium level.
    Please reply with your suggestions.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

3. aratisajjan

Thank you..but my mom is not ok with surgery..so we are looking for other alternative remedies

4. aratisajjan

so many views but no response..ladies please help me out :cry:

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Is she within her BMI?

Let her stand in the morning sunlight (with knees exposed) for 30 minutes everyday for Vitamin D. This vitamin level if not balanced, the body will start absorbing calcium from bone.

You have mentioned your mother has low calcium level. Try to give her calcium rich food. Your family physician can recommend a good calcium + vitamin D suppliment for the intial quick repleniishment (e.g. CCD tablets, vitamin D satchets etc). Along with that you can check her food and daily dose of sunlight.

There are some doctors who recommend an attachment to knees but that need to be religiously worn and folllowed to see improvements. otherwise they may not work.

6. aratisajjan

Thank you Subadra ..does these supplements really help? and how muc they might cost approximately? And can i buy them in Bangalore?