1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Remedies for itchy skin

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Flyingsparks, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

Hi ilites,
    How are you all doing?
    I am here today to find a remedy for my itchy skin.i have been experiencing severe itching on my legs..especially on the front of legs ( the shin part) .skin has become dark & there are dark lines,scratches & occassionally it is painful to scratch..
    i try my best to avoid scratching but i end up doing it..sometimes it is unavoidable..it is really irritating to me.can anybody tell me a home remedy for it..
    It has become unevenly dark & i am not able to wear any knee length outfits..

Thank you..

1 person likes this.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    It seems you are into severe dry skin problem.your Body moisture had been fully dried up.
    Its better to consult a dermatologist.
    Before that try using this medicated Moisturex cream, recommended by my Doc.

[​IMG]

For the first time apply in lot for several times.Itching will be arrested immediately.avoid extremely hot showers, abrasive soaps, and skin products which contain alcohol and other drying agents.
    read this too
    Simple home remedies for dry skin - mDhil

thanks

1 person likes this.
  3. druchita

druchita Silver IL'ite

Here are few remedies for itchy skin.
    1)Raw Oatmeal helps in Treating Itching Put 2 cups of Oatmeal in the Bathtub, before bathing it.

2)Take honey and cinnamon powder in equal proportions. Make a fine paste out and apply this on the affected area. This would stop itching.

3)Add a cup of white vinegar in the bath tub filled with water. Soak the body for 5 to 10 minutes.
    4) Apply a light paste of coconut oil and limejuice on the affected area. This is a good remedy to cure itching.

5)Mix some baking soda with water. Make a paste and apply this on the affected area.

6)Neem is very useful in treating itchiness. Boil some neem leaves and pour the decoction in the boiling water. Applying neem oil on the affected area is also helpful

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

As u are in USA, it could be For.Two reasons

1. Dry weather in winters , use moisturizers for whole body, immediately after shower and wiping with a towel, it locks moisture . Without it you can't keep your skin healthy, I use aveeno body lotion, which is very good.

one more thing u can use oil while taking bath, that oil protects your skin.

even in summers, we use air conditions , so it makes air dry in our homes and offices, so use light moisturizer in summers too.

2. Because of allergies, your skin may be itchy. It can be due to eczema, common problem in USA. If above thing like applying moisturizer or oil after every shower is not giving results u can see primary health care provider, to see if it is due to allergies.

5. anniebels

anniebels New IL'ite

Hi! I recommend TruKid Easy Eczema Wipes. Very handy and really effective for kids and also for adults.

6. madhuri04

madhuri04 New IL'ite

Remedies for itchy skin :
    1. If it is localized itching then make a paste of Baking soda and water. Wash off after 15 mins.
    2. Ice cubes wrapped in a cloth and kept over the affected part is another remedy
    3. Cold water Run a tap water on the itchy skin for as long as necessary
    4. Aloe vera gel is to be applied on the affected part. Leave it for 15 mins and then rinse with luke warm water.
    5. Lemon juice works wonder.Apply the juice of lemon using cotton ball. Let it dry and then wash off with Luke warm water.

7. Rojarajan

Rojarajan Junior IL'ite

Ue these following to get rid from itchy skin
    1. Coconut Oil:
    2. Neem

3. Lemon
    4. Almond Oil: