1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships which complete me.

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Megalife, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

OK - I have to confess. I was all keyed up and hyper today at work. People in the office found me weird. There was a childlike enthusiasm in my personality today. Phew….I was flying home! ………off to see my parents. I decided to go alone since, it was not feasible for all of us to go together. We will go as a family during the summer.
    But the atmosphere back home wasn’t very pleasant. The kids face appeared sullen and glum! They just couldn’t understand why I had to go……my long sharp tongue answers “you sulk for missing your mother for a few days….imagine my ache when I have not seen both my no-longer- young -parents for five months”. They seem to understand or at least pretend to understand, for today I was in no mood to put up with their tantrums. All I have in mind is to see my parents vibrant face, oh...how I have missed them!
    But they didn’t give up that easily, in walked their “DAD”, their personification of FUN. (((Every so often, I feel, I should be like him. Let the children believe that life is one big picnic…..alas I can’t be him and he can’t be me. I can’t let my brats be on picnic all along……. have to prepare them for life as we see it!))) So “DAD” came in and the sulk gets replaced with the millions bucks smile… “So, Dad…what have you planned when Mom’s gone”…Now this was DADs chance to get back at me and silently bicker on my trip. Pat came his reply… “Day one: movie, ice creams , popcorns”, “day two: mall hopping, fine dinning……………+$$%#$%^^%%^” I am no more listening.
    My face changed from crimson to green. They are thinking of having fun whilst I am gone? I sit down and make a list of “things to do’…nevertheless I am sure it will meet its fate in the trash bin soon, the moment I walk out of the door. The sole pleasure I gained from writing the list was however worth the effort.
    As I approached the airport, all is calm. “Come back soon mom, we promise to be good”…my heart skips a beat! As I bid them good byes …my DH whispers, “have a ball of a time….don’t worry about things back here, I’ll manage and make sure they don’t miss you.”Although it’s just for 5 days I miss them a lot, lot. After all, who am I without them????...I feel so incomplete.
    Mega

13 people like this.

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

That was very touchy post!

3. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

Yes, we feel complete with our family only.

4. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

It just feels heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing else that can give us peace and happiness..........

5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

such a cute touching post mega..

6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aspire
    Just back, and you can't imagine all the fun I had.....and the yummy mom's food I ate!

Thanks. Mega

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Lovely post again, Mega!
    You got to have a great time is so good to hear!

8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kiranavvari
    So true, they do make us feel complete and my house was topsyturvy when I got back! 5 days absence and the house will need 5 weeks to get back in order.
    Thanks.
    Mega

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Janani
    My intentions while leaving for the trip was to be with them and help them out a bit. In contrast, all I did was laze around, while my mom kept loading me with all my fav food. Poor she. But I enjoyed all the attention I received eventhough it was for a few days! God made "moms" for that!
    Thanks. Mega

10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Passionate89
    Though I feel refreshed and cool after the trip, all the time somewhere, somehow I kept missing my DH and kids.Thanks for the fb.
    Mega