1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

True. As Oscar Wilde said: "With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."

:sunglasses:

2. Rihana

Yeah, each article has to mention Sabyasachi this collection and that collection. And also too much coverage by media. I read about it only when I actually searched for it, so didn't feel the full onslaught of over coverage and hype. And no TV or online video news.

Usually I skip these kind of news, but both of them stand out for having achieved success in their fields without support of khandaan, parent or godfather. Kohli in particular, I was reading about his father's death when he was 18, and the tough times the family faced. I like most of Anushka Sharma's movies. It was non classy but less cheesy than Taimur Ali Khan's first birthday coverage. : )

yellowmango, ashima10 and nakshatra1 like this.
  3. Rihana

As a hobby or to teach dance to kids and women, in these times it often means video recording. Some households, and quite a few men, can be not so keen about wife pursuing dance actively or video recording of her dance being viewed by people. Unless the family is fully OK and actively encouraging it, better to drop the idea. Don't even bring it up if you are not sure it will meet with approval. My humble and admittedly old-fashioned opinion.

Should take medium effort to brush up C, C++ or learn Python. I heard that these are now taught in 9th-12th grades in India and also kids take part in some competitions. Try websites that have less bells and whistles to brush up. Learn C++ -- an admittedly no frills website. : )

Amica and MonikaSG like this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your advice. Yes you are right. Dance may not be allowed by my ILS. Will go through the site asap. Thank you so much for your concern. And Happy New Year. :)

Rihana likes this.
  5. Rihana

Ragini, one doubt is coming to the mind. In new year, you are encouraging people saying it is OK to share stuff online? All izz well? Sab theek thaak? :confused:

6. Rihana

Rags, meri jaan (which I believe is Hindi for Dear), can you tell us one thing that we do right on IL? Just asking. :thinking::confundio1:

Dear dear dear dear dear................... :facepalm: :scream: :sconf: :rolleye:

Laks09, Archanaanchan and MonikaSG like this.
  7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Is it also upsetting to some ppl to be referred to as “hon “ or honey? That one’s pretty common among store reps here in US. I was at a mall today & the store rep called me hon several times while completing the transaction. I find it polite & kind of a term of ‘endearment ‘ , so nothing wrong.

Also what about ‘dear’ - the form of salutation in letters or emails. Ok to refer to a complete stranger as ‘dear’ in emails but in ILs it’s an issue?:confundio1:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  8. Rihana

I was just going to say same thing, Dear as a form of address, used in emails.. then saw it in your post after edit.

'Dear' followed by first name struck me as awkward initially, but it is what people seem to use in formal written conversation even when the relationship is professional.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Ragini25

I address my boss as "Dear ABC" in all my emails, and official platforms (in writing). Believe me, I don't have any personal relationship with this old fellow...
    Dear is just a common way of addressing in written format.
    Here we do as dear OP/ Dear XYZ... What's wrong.

As we get familiarize with each other, the tone of the chat goes more friendly, and discussions like "don't worry dear, take care dear" comes naturally.
    Even we do that whenever we see a stranger in pain. It is call humanity. Nothing wrong here.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Kahan? Kidhar?which thread?

Sunshine04 and ashima10 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.