1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Isn't marriage with "Caveat emptor" principle? There is no warranty. There is no customer complaints department. The normal wear and tear makes one adjust.

2. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

In my experience, there are broadly three kinds of punters in the theater of life.

First: 5th symphony about every observation. The agitated scream vehemently and monotonously and consider every consideration as exigent with dire consequences. They panic that any integrated life is a monumental emergency with urgent and poignant implications. They entangle themselves in self-invented troubles. Then go ...TAKAHA RA KA (what should be the onomatopoeia here)

Second: Harmless and self-correcting. They are slightly better than (1) mindful that a lot of our tsuris is governed by our rigid perspective. Slight change in perspective fixes the problem. On a reflective day they could warble

Third: Precocious, attentive, figure out early in childhood having watched comedy sketches that apart from keen perspective to laugh at our amusing life, tact is also essential. Just because they prematurely discovered the efficiency of perspective, they don't evangelize (1) and (2) to reform ....because (1) would feel infantilized and (2) would feel frustrated that we are not dignifying their theory of reality. So (3) observe tact with them and lip-sing along and shape-shift whatever the aggrieved wish to hear which could be platitudes or corny wisdom. You want Constantinople, I would tell you, you ask Istanbul, I would offer you. They don't intrude much into the agonized (1) and the conflicted (2) unless compelled. It takes much comic relief to substantiate (3) over (1) and (2).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Amulet likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:hearteyecat: Surprised that you didn't find 3 hindi filmi songs for this analysis. I was once told that we have hindustani song lyrics to cover pretty much anything at all. Totally unrelated, and irrelevant things have come in, and found their places in "item numbers", and get by also.

That "Takaha ra ka" means "give me my pacifier" ===> Local dad spoke only Klingon to child for three years | City Pages

"Istanbul -- Constantinople" is a good song for how one cannot unring a bell. Never heard that song (or saw that cartoon) before; nice familiar raga. Excellent.

4. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Here's the Hindi format of the gyan.

First: Lost all ambition in problem-solving.

Second: Conflicted in problem-solving (original song is blocked)

Third: Evergreen in problem-solving!

Amulet likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Ha !

I wondered if setsunai life issues are there for tribes we assume to be staid, matter-of-fact, objective cultures. Like a German love song. Or a love-fail angst. On the top of the search I found this song with two ungermanic people on the video. The language does not come off the tongue easily. She seemed to be struggling with a mouthful of syllables. And the repetitive oommp-papa oommp-papa mode of drumming behind it was not helping much to convey the sense of happiness. With such a lot of morose philosophers in the history, they ought to have grand love-fail songs. I am afraid to look/listen !!

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

iyerviji's post about the inevitability of it all brought to my mind all the "grim reaper jokes". In the east I don't seem to remember as many jokes -- about the travails of Yamadharma Raja.

Here is one about Grim Reaper's imbalance of work and life. Mrs. Reaper is telling him: "I think your job is getting to you, honey. You used to be such a jolly reaper".
    upload_2019-6-7_14-12-30.png

And here is a spoof on the proverb "you shall reap what you sow"
    upload_2019-6-7_14-16-51.png

sokanasanah likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

They will forgive. You are still very young. Relationship with parents is a long road. This abandonment will be a bump in that road that you all will cross and learn from it and grow.

What you have written in few words is huge. Is your brother old enough to have a significant say in such times? You can ignore the question. It's more a think-aloud.

Amica, SinghManisha and BhumiBabe like this.
  8. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

It is a blessing in disguise, because I tend to accept their authority around them. It’s not a healthy way to live.

My brother is a good simple guy. This level of drama and conflict just makes him back out... he’ll be there for me, if I need him though. I choose not to depend too much on him.

Amica, SinghManisha and Rihana like this.
  9. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Bhumi,
    I remember reading your posts on this forum and was wondering how things were going. Your response below exudes a lot of confidence, in contrast to all the earlier posts when you were married. End of a marriage is always sad , but I am sure it is a big relief to not be confused and unsure anymore.
    As a woman and a mother , I wanted to send you lots of good wishes , positivity and healing. Live well !

Rihana, Amica and sokanasanah like this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I saw this on a newsfeed... hilarious:
    [​IMG]

Now we are sure it is all a chinese hoax.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    SinghManisha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.