1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What is WW?

I had the best of all worlds. Learnt from him but before we wedded. Aah ... that accidental clash of the fingers as we reached for the gear in the stick-shift. No GPS (the lasses these days are so spoilt!), so an open map blocking the side view mirror suddenly has the involuntary instructor erupt in an apoplectic fit. Cue for my tears to shed. 'twas the time when gentlemen still carried handkerchiefs. : ) The storm abates rapidly. Long journey short, I rebelled and spent a good amount of money on instructor, and that helped.

What I told DD was: If you learn from spouse, you will divorce; if you learn from friend, you will marry. :lol:

Laks09, Sunshine04 and Amulet like this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

LOL... I got this in email...
    [​IMG]

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wonder Woman!

How cute! Talking about finger clashes, this past summer, I was driving my Dad's car and DH had his hand too close to the gear. He tells me I scratched him on purpose. Who puts their hand next to the shift? I got a good portion of his skin off with my long nails. Completely accidental and took care of it with dettol and antiseptic cream.

:roflmao::roflmao:

Rihana likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Moved to where one could be debate without being mean, and joust without confrontational. Why would someone live with a person when there is mutual dislike ? -- is a good question for this thread.

I think the OP(@star90new) is either in a joint family (or lives close enough to parents or PIL's)
    • In them olden days, when there aren't too many flats to rent or own, nuclear families were rare; people lived in collective families. More faces in the household would mean one could avoid the face one does not prefer -- hate, dislike, despise... are all muffled to a lower level of animosity in a crowded house-- and go with the faces one prefers.
    • And then, there is always that financial dependence for the wife to force her to become adjustable to what may not be the norm.
    • Mercifully, the combination of lack of privacy, been-there-done-that-ness, couples rapidly blimping up on starchy food, sticky hot weather, etc. etc. make avoiding all unclothed close order contact with the unpreferred one rather easy, and would even seem natural.
    • Social approbation of the well-married person.
    • Singles are presumed to be lonely, whereas marrieds are presumed to be NOT.
    I bet others would find many more benefits to being adjustable.

5. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

And I understand that there are so many ways that we feel obligated to stay in a marriage. But in this case, the OP does not have children or even a real marital relationship with her husband. They don't seem like they are on great terms, even as friends (I may be wrong and just reading between the lines). In this day and age, when women are equally employed and (somewhat) part of the society is accepting of marriage failures, I would think that OP wouldn't have to sacrifice happiness to maintain appearances. There are bad marriages, but with no children involved (and definitely no possibility of children), isn't OP better off free? After all, 3 years is not a short amount of time, and I am fairly certain that the lack of children would be a future concern that OP will have to experience if she remains.

Deborah likes this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

After 11 years of being married to him, 11 birthdays, 11 Diwali's, 11 anniversaries, 11 Christmas's, 11 valentines days...I have exhausted ALL the gift ideas. I am blank now. 0.
    Maybe I should just get him a card and call it a day.

7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:beer-toast1:
    11 is the number that commemorates Armistice. ( 11th day of the 11th Month)
    Your future would be all Peace, and Happiness.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I was told the same for 7th year! I thought I passed that stage...apparently I am just about to now...duh.
    Ignorance is such bliss. :)

Card it is then eh?

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

7th Year is the Year of the ITCH. You have it way back on your rear view mirror.
    There was an old, and very famous movie called the "Seven Year Itch" starring Marilyn Monroe. It was so famous, that the City of Chicago decided to construct a huge statue for the iconic still from that movie, where MM's skirt is blown up in the air by an underground air vent.
    upload_2018-10-18_21-27-33.jpeg

A good gift would be to get a DVD of that movie. And have a laugh over lost opportunities.
    Best anniversary wishes,
    Amulet.

Forever Marilyn - Wikipedia
    The Statue in Chicago is called Forever Marilyn
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rakhii,

I have received so many gifts from my wife for various special days but one that I keep it next to me near the bed is a simple gift, "To my wonderful husband" written on a small stand.

Rakhii likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.