1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

mothers are rather easy to please. If a child ate all the food, and hours later, produced a well formed turd floating in the toilet water, we'd think it is so cute ( a mix of :facepalm:+:kissingheart:). Children would never understand this, until they are parents of their own litter.

Even though we have so many emoticons, some critical ones are still missing.;)

yellowmango likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

nice positive perspective :)

Laks09 likes this.
  4. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

One knows their mother since birth; It is only fair that both MIL and DIL make genuine efforts to get to know each other. Not get offended quickly by MIL, at times mothers do say things that one may not want to hear.
    When you start loving the new family as your own, over time you can develop close relation with your MIL also. Every mother wants to see their children happy, that includes mother of boys.
    Everything has to do with how one approaches the situation. You can make mountain out of a mound, then it will become a mountain that you can't cross.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Topaz49,

My wife was the only child for my in-laws and she bent over backwards to love and be loved by my mother for 35 years but didn't succeed. Ours is an arranged marriage and my parents found my wife for me. Realizing the trouble my mother was creating, my father placed us in a different home in the same city and visited us regularly. I struggled a lot because of conflict between my mother and wife until I found out the motive behind the fight.

My wife never interfered in my relationship with my mother and let me do my duties to her until her death recently. I also treated her parents well and my mother in law now lives with us for the past 5 years.

My wife and I tried everything possible to get together as a family but without any success. More we tried, worse it became. Sometimes, being nice is taken as a weakness. Each family is different and it takes two to make it work.

6. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

What was the motive?

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am uncomfortable sharing it here. Especially, after she passed away. This week I am performing her 6th monthly ritual.

Viswa

8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

I understand.
    I only asked because it might be helpful for understanding what drives people.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  9. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Sir ! you said you tried for 35 years and you also say the more you try the worse the results were. I sincerely can understand what you would have gone through. Probably every man can relate himself with you in this context.

True @Viswamitra Sir, but the sequence through which the conflict you mentioned , unfolds every time, will be, ditto the same in every family. In spite of the fact that the man does everything he can , to bring peace between his mother and his wife, he would be labelled as the primary reason for the ongoing conflict between his wife and his mother.

This is one argument which I have never won with any woman. The logic of women, in general, is , that the man in this situation has failed to make his mother realise her mistakes, on one hand. He also has failed to defend his wife whenever she is unfairly targeted by his mother, on the other hand.

In other words the ongoing exchange of hostilities and hatred between the mother in law and daughter in law, is purely the mistakes of omission and commission of the husband concerned. This is the logic , every woman in my own family believe and argue, in favour of.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I’ll PM you sir. Some mindless gossip and leg pulling, trying to include the ladies I know will play along. The two girls should come back and join the fun. Looks like I’m on my own here :neutral::neutral:

Absolutely. We should all learn from Mandira. Secrets of MIL’s cooking :)

yellowmango and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.