1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relation With Dh And In-laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meet9, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies,
    Please help me think outside the box, I am in overwhelming stress state right now..I will try to be as concise as possible:

1. Relation with DH: We had a love marriage, DH is nice guy loving and caring...Off late since we had kids, things are very strenous between us..the root cause is always his brother/inlaws and his overly naive attitude with them..no convincing is enough to my DH, that my MIL, SIL and cosister are all jealous insecure people who cannot see me happy....why is he blind to my sufferings? he says he can understand and blah blah but he will always do some or other mistake which makes me a lot angry, these fights are affecting both of our health...my DH always has a taken for granted attitude towards me, despite my bad health, I worked extremely hard to take care of kids, cooking cleaning AND studying for new career and looking for jobs , I sleep at 2/3 am daily, for little time he will be OK but always whenever I am relaxed and happy, he will share our goals and achievements to his family......this casts evil eye of my in laws and alwayssss ( i have shown him as a fact) my struggles increase or I am unable to achieve my goals...what my DH does? he goes to office (he has stressful job), comes back takes care of kids reluctantly while making lot of loud noises(like for changing diaper he will behave as if he is doing something very hard work, I change 10 times a day with tendonitis in my hand), and very easily he will take me for granted...if i show him how much work I do by NOT doing the work, he will fall sick very easily because his body cannot take stress it seems...then again back to square one, I have to work hard..his parents all they do is motivate from india, they never offer to come her and help us around...i am sure when kids grow up, and they go to school, they will be more than willing to come and "help"!!

How can I take care of my health and relation with DH...tried lots of talking and everthing, like goal setting etc...always my DH blows off, either is so irritatingly dumb or naive or he is of type who is sucking blood of me.....making me angry by doing things i dont like...he has no social life and all his friends are now distant....thats why he is always feeling lonely and at the mercy of his brother and sister...

2. DH's brother and his wife: his wife, co-sister is 7 years younger to me but she consideres herself 7 yrs elder to me, she has never initiated any conversation with me in her 6 yrs of marriage with BIL...Both BIL and cosister only want to maintain hi-bye relation but when need arises, BIL becomes extra sweet to DH and DH falls for it, he gets affection which he lacks in his life, and screws up everything by giving money or any help......my cosister even though has never on her own tried keeping any one on one relation with me, I tired many times, by calling on phone, when we last visited, I thought everything is fine until something which makes her jealous and she does a U turn and stops talking to me......my in laws (including BIL) have fueled her jealousy against me so much..but they talk sweetly in front of me....but they are big players who want to have 2 DILs always fighting mode, WHY? because then in laws will be in control and also SIL DH sister, should be happy too! right! so now all of sudden, they need our help (like they are new in USA), they want to come and stay in our home for some time....they are in USA for last 4 months, when they came, I called cosister initially if she needs any help or wants to talk, no hesitation etc she said ok ok but never ever has she called me even once....only on weekend, BIL calls and if they need something, he will directly talk to DH for help and guidance..and DH helps them out.......even for maintaining relation, I tried talking to her and call but I dont get any response from her side, so why is she coming to my home shamelessly! we have not even invited them.....they just barge in to fulfill their ulterior motives (like this cosister always protects her kids and keep them away from me , and she is always into black magic etc, why is she coming now when she has the ego that she wont go to my home uninvitied), when I was pregnant, BIL alone had come (his wife was still in india) and I dont know what happened after that, we had series of bad health issues one after the another really bad ones, I mean my DH had 2 horrible health scare and I fell and suffering still...they think that owing a home in USA means really big thing etc......even though we are in debts and they are the ones who are buying plots after plots in India.....if they see me smiling (if I try to keep myself positive and relaxed), they cant see that, they will start feeling insecure and jealous and make my life hell.....how to protect myself and my kids from this evil and mean couple(BIL and cosister)...with DH being naive? They both have maintained relations with all extended family in india as they were in India, DH has lost touch because we are here since 15 years..when we used to say things are costly here, my FIL and MIL used to think we are making it up...now when BIL family is here and is explaining everytime his expenses, they say Oh wow, how do you manage its so expensive there!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Don't try to be perfect all the time. First look at your health then your comfort then your mood then check what you can leave and then do the rest. Households are never ending tasks. More you involved more you find. Also do not try to make relation to them. Just be at your space and enjoy. Welcome them if they come and avoid if they don't.

EnlightenedSoul likes this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

To help you think outside the box :
    A) There is no evil eye, mortal human beings do not have that much power that they can change the course of another’s life. Life is just a series of ups and downs. We all have our share. The best we can do is live through them and hope things will get better.

B) All your inlaws can and should do is motivate from India. It’s not their job to help you with the kid.

C) Sit over the weekend and make a plan . List what expectations you have from the husband in terms of helping you everyday. Insist he sticks to it. No if’s but definitely cute diaper covered butts !
    D) Don’t judge husband for not having social life or for socializing only with family. That is how he is. The word “blood sucker “ is not a healthy word for a spouse . Calm down and write down his positives . I am sure there are some?you fell in love with him right ?
    E) if you worry he shares everything with his family be careful about what you share with him.
    F) IL’s family may be jealous or insecure but honestly it’s their problem, NOT YOURS.
    G) Husband is in your team, to keep him there don’t badmouth his siblings. Keep your opinion about them to yourself. Definitely don’t fight with him because of them.

Take care !

4. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

You are not living with them, So how do they get to see your happy / relaxed state of mind?

When you are clearly uncomfortable with them,why try to initiate conversation with co sister? You tried once/twice..Enough..And yes don't share your stuff to your husband if you think if he will tell his parents eventually.And yes dont keep badmouthing about your SILs and ILs to your husband.Even he wouldnt find it appealing.Do you think they talk bad about you to him? Obviously not,they must be talking like they are sympathising with you. He will obviously fall for them who do sweet talks. While i understand that you cannot be always talking sweet amidst so many responsibilities and ill health,at-least avoid their chapter altogether in your conversation.

Most of all,dont give your SIL/Co sister/ILs the power to spoil your life in the name of black magic/evil eyes especially when they staying miles & miles away. If you really believe in all these, then try ways to remove evil eyes like removing drishti/using salt cleansing at your home.Your mind strongly believes that there is negativity with them,so your mind will be convinced if you make efforts to remove them.

Good luck to you.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

The day you decide that someone is casting an evil eye on you....you have already judged and turned them into your enemy.
    Don't expect your spouse to feed your craziness.

You live away from them . Live like you stay away from them.

nakshatra1, SGBV, SunPa and 6 others like this.
  6. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Motivating you from miles way is certainly a very positive attitude, if they were criticising you then it's a problem.
    Your kids it's your responsibility please don't try to convert them into a nanny.
    Black magic/ evil eye act as if these terms doesn't exist and you will get back the lost peace.

yesican and sindmani like this.
  7. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I think U have much say n all built in it's ur frustration..
    May be all ur il's they r jealous.
    .I do believe n don't believe in evil eye at the same time.. when all is good u don't think that so when u thinks it's them play gods mantra ...
    See wen ur mil n Fil now changing their attitude how expensive things r now wait n watch still many things will be expensive..just point out tonur husband don't fight ..I have learnt it just show them ..
    what they r buying not buying don't be concerned just leave it ..

8. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Ok

I think u r stressed because of not taking good sleep and overwhelming work. First of all set good routine for u and kids. Make sure u will get good sleep. I know small babies are 24 hour job. But your health is also most important. There is no such thing as evil eye. Don't talk to in laws for some days. Take break from studies if possible or hire some help. You might have post partum depression or winter blues. Don't fight with husband, try to take help from him and express positively.

9. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

What yellowmango said is very true.
    you live away from them. live like you stay away from them.
    stay AWAY from them - in your mind.
    just IGNORE THEM!
    Live your life.
    household works will always be there. stop making elaborate cooking. keep it simple, so you get more time to prepare for your job. For now, Concentrate only in your career, and Stay strong.

sindmani likes this.
  10. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Op more often we do not see things as they are we see things as we are. A change in perspective will bring you huge peace of mind.

yesican likes this.