1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Refusing School For 5 Year Old Son

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by ManuManasa, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ManuManasa

ManuManasa New IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    My son is 5 yr old he is very good at his academics.but he is very shy kid.
    if we go to a party he wont play with other kids he stays calm and cuddles me half an hour and even aftr that he plays by himself. he dnt like to play with new kids around him :(.
    same applied to school.He going to kindergarten now. he cries a lot of keeps sad face until i leave him at school and he plays alone and says i dnt want to play it others becoz they r not my friends :(.I am so worried about him.
    same story everyday he is not eating well and complaining about tummy pain.
    I dnt knw wat to do... Help me Ladies
    -
    Manu

2. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Dear dont worry some kids r less ffrndlybut gradually they will b more smarter and more frndly. i have seen the same attitude in my DS . I always tried to encourage him go go n play..he feels shy always.. but now he is somwat chnged a lot.. now i have to run n find him wer he is... It is just a mtter of time... How long he has strtd going to school.?/is he ur only kid?.. The teacher over there can also help him, motivate him.. appreciate him etc.. and abt tummy pain ? Is tht everyday... ? Send food which he likes and try decorating like eyes on idly , face on bread etc... Do u have any frnd with same age kid, try to b company with thm n let him have more time with tht kid n he shud feel he/she is a good frnd...

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My suggestion would be..try to get in contact with some of his classmates' parent who are close to your locality and make him spend some time with them apart from school time.Initially you can stay with him for some time and slowly reduce your presence there.Gradually you'll see..that classmate's friends will become his friends too.

Regarding food..try to give him food that he'll eat for sure like boiled corn...cutlets..bread,butter and jam..atleast he might eat this little food for sure..plain macroni with butter,salt,cheese(if he likes) and pepper..feed him all our regular food when he is at home..this is what i am doing rite now..it is working most of the time.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    sheztheone likes this.
  4. ManuManasa

ManuManasa New IL'ite

5. ManuManasa

ManuManasa New IL'ite

Thank u
    I feel much better he strtd last year preschool 2 days a week .But he never cried .Feb 1st ..On first day vomiting..He refused to go next day.
    Now everyday he is crying in d morning n says he has no frens to play n so boring whole day..Have to arrange some group activities.and tummy pain yes. Everyday before school he says becos I am gng to school Im getting tummy pain..

6. ManuManasa

ManuManasa New IL'ite

Yeah good idea I have to try this classmates thing...That is dear..Food fussy eater he likes egg n cheese..Thanks for the tips

7. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Send small notes/drawings in the snack box/lunch box. Hide it in his notebook. Write things like, guess what is waiting at home etc.. Try sending small things to share with his classmates (a coloring paper). If he likes eggs, get cookie cutters and make omlettes in different shapes. You can make pooris too.
    Invite his classmates home with their mothers for a tea, let him interact with one kid at a time. He will be ok.