1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Red itchy and dry skin after using cleanser.

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Binz85, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

I used proactive cleanser instead of my regular one by mistake last Thursday.My Dh uses proactive for acne treatment and it works well for him..Anyway that night my neck started itchy.Next day neck was so dry ,red and itchy.I used moisture for dryness all these days.But even after 1 week it looks the same..When I searched proactive site there I could see these are side effects of the cleanser and happens to sensitive skins.
    And it goes away within few weeks by itself.Should I consult a doctor or wait?
    Any home remedies I can try?Please help

PS:I used it all over face and neck.But luckily redness and itchiness are only on entire neck.

2. rainbowresh

rainbowresh Gold IL'ite

Binz,
    OK I think u can wait for a week... Meanwhile don't stop trying to cool it off with home remedies.... Aloe gel, coconut oil, sandalwood powder paste, rosewater, olive oil etc. Can be of best help if applied ... Try to leave it overnight if you think messy' s OK!
    These things will surely help and if not they still won't make situation worse. Now just dab these on ur neck and face ...preferably with swab of cotton...just DAB. Don't rub in or press and irritate the rashes...
    If nothing helped and the area is still red, then u go to a dermatologist.
    Good luck. Always do patch test before using new products on face or neck

1 person likes this.
  3. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your reply.Now it's getting better ,almost 75%is gone.I stopped using moisturizer and started to use Neosporin 2days back.Within 1 day I could see good progress.