1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Really Confused About My Husband's Behaviour. Pls Help.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BlueLotus, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

@BlueLotus No loving respecting husband would jeopardize his marriage for the sake of a platonic friendship with another woman. Your husband turns the tables on you by blaming you for this entire mess that he is solely responsible for. Wake up and smell the coffee . He has checked out of the marriage , you are flogging a dead horse. MIL , cultural and other issues are your justifications for his behavior ( planted by him in your head and your need to be in the marriage ). IF MIL impacted fidelity in a marriage most women around the world would have a cheating spouse. So that’s not true at all.
    You are stuck in the past, with the loving and caring spouse that you once had.
    At this point there is no need of additional proof at all. His behavior says it all. Cut your losses and walk out ASAP.

omnam, BlueLotus, shri0218 and 5 others like this.
  2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

If you don't have any proof then there could be possibility that there is nothing. Be alert but don't overreact. It might be a simple friendship and your behaviour could make him far from you. First wait watch analyse collect proofs then think about what to do

3. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

The answer is definite," yes".

I do have two female friends (two female colleagues of me) who are very close to me. There is a constant compulsion of they having to talk to me and me having to talk to them for work related matters. They talk to me at least once every few days. There are days when they have told me things like , "miss you".

Simply a mention of "miss you ", does not mean an ongoing illicit affair between your husband and his female friend.

Obviously, yes.

If my wife doesn't have the maturity to understand and appreciate what is a very inoccuous friendship between me and my female colleague, I definitely conceal it from her knowledge.

Whether it is politically correct or not is a different issue

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

5. BlueLotus

BlueLotus Senior IL'ite

@silentlistener ,
    Thank you for answering from a man's perspective. Here the issue with me was not the 'miss you' message. My DH would often compare me with the girl whenever we fought. And even if it was a so-called good friendship I am not sure why should it affect the relationship with me. The more close he was to that girl, the more distance he maintained from me. I too have male friends but our conversations are limited to work related stuff and casual chit-chat. It does not extend to the weekends where my male friends are aware of my whereabouts. Also I never compared them with my spouse because friendship and relationship are two different things.

If my spouse would ever have introduced me to that girl and not hidden the chats from me, I would have trusted him. Girls get possessive only when they know something might be hidden from them. Transparency is important in a relationship. Keeping mobile pin codes, laptop passwords and netbanking passwords hidden is definitely not a good sign. We might not need to know each and every minute details about our spouse but if at any moment my spouse picks up my mobile and checks it, I wont be scared becuase I have nothing to hide.

6. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi Op,

Your post reminds me of my initial days of marriage, though arranged we tied knot after dating for 2+ years. Though our marriage survived for 4 years after this incident (EMA of Dh) the wound has healed but scar still there.

Hats off to you. Indeed you are very brave and strong minded lady facing this situation along with your kid.

Sorry I don' have any suggestions for you.

Getting proof is not very difficult first check bank/debit card/credit card detail statements, phone records, emails through legal adviser.

Today your kid is innocent and don't understand these scenario, but what tomorrow?

BlueLotus and Sandycandy like this.
  7. perfundo

perfundo Silver IL'ite

Since you asked a male's perspective.

1. I have a whatsapp group with 3 people, two my female friends and I in it. our discussions range from Sex,to sharemarket to the guys that hit on them at work to spirituality. My phone is password protected, my wife knows the pwd and I never delete my whatsapp chats. One of these female friends is good friends with my wife, I haven't know their husbands so well, but we aren't strangers.

2. infatuations are common at workplace, developing liking and soft corner for someone of opposite gender at work is easy too. Best way forward is to let your significant other know about it, 99.9% of the times things become normal once your spouse knows about it ,caveat - the spouse is understanding enough. I know of many nice, genuine men at work going the extra mile to hide their genuine friendships with females from their possessive wives, vice versa is true as well.

3. once I had to sit with my wife and read my whatsapp chat log of I talking to a close female friend of mine because my wife suspected something fishy. Unfortunate part of the chat was, my friend and I were discussing about an old colleague and my female friends had a remark in their referring to bosom of the old colleague, which the colleague was famous for in our batch. summarily, my wife and I had our own set of misunderstandings initially but we have come a long way, we are a lot more chilled out about a lot of things now, that said we know there is nothing that can replace loyalty.

sorry if that were TMI, but wrote it down since I thought it would help you to decide if you were being possessive or not.

I feel, you jumped the gun, didn't get enough evidence to support your claim this way or that way(unless I missed reading something). I am not saying your hubby didn't have an affair or had one. all I am saying is, if he didn't like intimacy and behaved odd, you should have tried to understand why he is behaving as such and not accuse him. if it were infatuation on the other girl that is making him behave such, help him make up his mind as to what he wants also let him know you understand infatuations and accept those and you both have to move on from those but don't turn those into affair, affair is immoral. You can't be like her, you can only be you and that should be the only offer from your side. never try to be someone else.

Relationships are two sided, when only one wants to protect it, it becomes an emotional abuse, so be prepared to move on. For a log relationship and stay strong , the people involved should love and like each other as they are and if they have to change they have to change together.

Why don't you put all this behind and take a vacation and then decide later ?

ano likes this.
  8. BlueLotus

BlueLotus Senior IL'ite

@perfundo,

Yes I did try to understand the reason behind my dh's loss of interest in me. I tried questioning him if he is worried about finances, is anything bothering him or is it something in me that needs to be changed.
    The reason he used to give me was he was totally exhausted for two months after coming back from abroad. In that time period when I used to initiate talks related to intimacy, it caused him to resent it because he felt I was being unreasonable.

Now I don't know is this a strong enough reason for a male to avoid intimacy altogether. But he often would tell me it is not about me. He just doesn't feel anything towards anybody. He would often quote spiritual verses where intimacy is seen as a bad thing. Imagine my husband telling all this after having a kid.

But his actions would tell otherwise. I would notice him listening to English songs which is just about the act, he would read books which have lots of erotic content in them. Yet when it comes to me he would tell he does not feel anything. I really don't know how does the mind of a male work. But this is something new to me. Ever since past few episodes my husband has grown totally resentful of me. I even tried telling him that I am ready to forgive him because it's past but he is least apologetic asking me to leave if I wish. And he is having a very bad temper. Makes me think sometimes is he having some mental or medical issues.

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Pretend as if even you lost interest with your husband tat way he may find some changes in you and may react to it. Sometimes removing a thorn from thorn works out !

Brevity likes this.
  10. BlueLotus

BlueLotus Senior IL'ite

@shravs3, You are right. This is something I have never done all these years. Was constantly begging and pampering him.

shravs3 likes this.