Reading Bhagavad Gita again, Two Years Later

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jan 24, 2014.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I've noticed that when I watched entire Mahabharata series I soon got a job close to home with better prospects.

And as soon as I learned to search spiritual things and read the Bhagavad Gita for the first time, the miracles of life (or sanjog) brought my husband and I together.

My husband finally came to USA few months ago and there is a lot of adjusting to do. I never realized how hard it would be for him, and a lot of times it is hard for me.

Now I notice if I am upset about something, it manifests into him getting upset with me, because this new situation is frustrating to him.

And if I am tensed about work, or continuing adult education, or something someone said then he gets upset that I am tense.

Now I try to focus my thoughts on God as much as possible and say to him "This marriage belongs to you, you have the final say".

I truly believe your thoughts make up your reality.

Now I am re-reading the Bhagavad Gita and at the same time reading Tao of Physics.

One of the things that struck me is that we perceive a fresh, ripe mango as round, soft, juicy, orange-red fruit, but a dog will perceive it as a colorless mass.

Similarly humans only have 5 senses, but there is so much in our vast universe that these 5 senses cannot perceive. Tao of Physics says this is quantum theory and theory of relativity ---- things that science cannot explain with solid experiments.

Ok, my mind is wandering.

What I am saying is, there is a strong connection between what you are feeling, and what goes on around you. And Louis Hay also says this. The reason we think this is nonsense is because we've been thinking negatively so long.

I was watching Bhoot about people in India who have been haunted by ghosts. It turns out, this pregnant woman was haunted by a ghost and when they did hypnosis, it turns out in last life, this woman was driving, and an injured pregnant lady lying on the road was begging for her to take her to hospital, but the woman got scared, left her and ran to her car.

The experts in the show were explaining that we have thoughts and memories hidden in our mind that we don't even know about.

So imagine, we have consciously replace negative thoughts with positive thought, but what about negative thoughts we don't realize we are having because they are buried deep in our soul?

When the body dies, the soul travels to a new life-form, taking with it all its karmas, memories, etc, as nicely explained in the Bhagavad Gita.

I was thinking about this on the way home from work. I mean, we react to certain people a certain way, and sometimes in not a nice way, but we have to remember that we are all struggling with negative thoughts we know about, and don't know about. And however we treat people and act comes back to us always.

Yesterday I came home from work and was very cranky and replied rudely to my dad, but he was very tolerating of me. However, I was taking tensions and my husband just got so upset at me.

That's why I was thinking about my actions, what I have done, and how it always comes back to me.

So how to remove the negative thoughts we have in our mind but don't know about? I guess we think about God.

In Bhagavad Gita Lord Krishna urges Arjun to keep him in his thoughts.

Lord Krishna, is happiness, sadness, wealth, poverty, sickness, health, and anything we think, say, or do should be an offering to him.

If we can steady our minds in this way (and it takes many many lifetimes for our souls to perfect this), only then we can achieve peace and be one with God.

It almost sounds like a chemical reaction. Our soul is matter that passes through different phases, and when it becomes purified, only then does it join with pure, unmanifested matter, which God, or Lord Krishna, according to the Bhagavad Gita.

Right now, I am doing my best to be supportive of my Husband, and I am learning slowly slowly to let go of tension by meditating 20 minutes a day during my lunch break.

So lets see what journey life takes us, or rather, how we steer our destiny!

2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

All the best:) I too read the commentary of The Gita by Swami Ranganathananda and I like it very much.
    Lakshmi