1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ravana Is My Role Model!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 24, 2016.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Cimorene
    Mustache is not my cup of tea. I tried sporting one during my early college days but I was getting too self conscious about it. I always had this feeling that everyone was staring at my mustache. Once I touched my mustache in sleep and screamed thinking that some deadly insect had descended on my face and slapped hard on it only to wake up in pain. That was the last I ever tried a mustache. A little later, I switched over to a free growing beard which required no maintenance like a mustache or a daily shave. As I type my Ramblings or FBs and if I get stuck, I start pulling my beard or running my fingers through it and presto, a new thought would flash in my mind. I would get my fingers entangled in my beard released as fast as I could before my new thought could disappear from my mind and use the just released index finger to type out my FB.

By the way, did you say Bahubali to rhyme with Mahabali?
    Sri

Cimorene, iyerviji and vaidehi71 like this.
  2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Ha Ha.:lol:
    Sir, your thread is amusing every single day. I have not yet read other responses but you had given such a good feedback on mustache. Now I have something else to thing about when thinking about mustache and beards as well.
    Keep this thread rolling!!!:)

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I also second Vaidehi my dear Anna. Mustache suits only few people . But the beard suits you perfectly . Ravana is keeping the thread rolling

Cheeniya and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Kerman. You appear to have read my super-long response to Cheeniya. Normally I am not read, leave alone commented on. Somewhat like editorials, which few read.

Hope you are doing well.

kaku

kelly1966 likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

You know Kerman, when I was working in the Bank, I had a myocardial infarct and was treated by an eminent cardiologist. It was in the early '80s. Later on I got transferred to Madras as the Manager of a large Branch and the Cardiologist approached me for financial assistance to put up a full-fledged cardiac specialty hospital. The loan was sanctioned and the hospital was put up in due time. I would visit this hospital for periodic check up and I made it clear to him that I expected no concession from him as the Bank would reimburse my medical expenses.

Probably I should not have told him that. He had acquired a lot of equipment and needed patients like me for two reasons. One was that he could use all those equipment to get a true picture of my health condition. Secondly it gave him an opportunity to test his new toys! He would first make me lie on his bench and plant his stethoscope somewhere in the region of my heart and start talking about the performance of his hospital. It might last close to some 45 minutes and all the while he would keep the steth rooted to the spot. Sometimes the hearing end of his steth would be round his neck like brackets and not plugged into his ears! After giving me a complete resume of the functioning of his hospital, he would remove the steth and order a Holter Test. For the next 24 hours, a scary portable monitor would be fixed around my body only to be replaced with a bill for Rs.2000 on the following day!
    Sri

kelly1966 and vaidehi71 like this.
  6. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Beards? nah! Moustaches, more than any other hairy asset, burns into the minds of people. Would Charlie Chaplin be less comical and Hitler less authoritative without moustaches? Those formidable personalities would have been tempered and grossly downgraded if not for their moustaches. I say, those moustaches can claim atleast 20 pages in history books. Here is a short limerick called "Triumph of the Moustache" that I made up to inspire you to grow a moustache.

Triumph of the Moustache

I can talk French
    I can sing English
    I can fly Handlebar
    I can ride Horseshoe
    I can invert Chevron
    I can twist Pencil
    I can dance Walrus
    I can wrestle Manchu
    I can prick Toothbrush
    I can glow Lampshade
    I can roar Imperial
    I can climb Pyramid
    I am the Triumph of the Moustache!

Moustaches.png
    Can you say the same about a beard?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    kaniths, Cheeniya, kelly1966 and 2 others like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

As expected and suspected (!), this thread is growing like the Hanuman's tail upon which he sat it is said in Ravana's court as he was not offered a seat by the ten headed king!

I read several feedbacks, one more arresting than the other. Glad it is Cheeniya sir who has to reply to them and all I have to do is read and appreciate, which I am finding difficult to do going by the quantity and volume of it all.

Was able to read @ojaantrik Oj-da's re-revised (?!), re-posted comment and his other ones too and no doubt, stalwarts all!

Suffice to say it is an immense joy to read the rambles and all the rambles it causes!

We at snippets are a blessed lot!

L, Kamla

8. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Godwin's law states that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazism or Hitler approaches that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism."

We won our badge, or a trophy, in accordance with online behaviour by dangerously swaying the thread to land on Hitler's moustache. We thought we were done! But how can we be done when it is Cheeniya's playground. After necks, heads, and moustaches if we are offered tails to swing on, everything up until now was a warm-up and the real ramble begins now.

If necks can elicit our comic interpretation, tails will provoke our absurd imagination.
    You ready for that?

kaniths likes this.
  9. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

cheeniya sir... head is reeling after browsing this post.. where are we heading??? started with a simple visit to the doctor.. for which you needed to "cook up" some new ailments to keep him on his toes and justify the end of the session ritual of transferring the crisp Rs 500/- note from your pocket to his. all the doctor id was to muse about Ravan and his heads which has now set a trend in this post as slowly we are moving downwards in the human anatomy from the several reeling heads to the pain in the necks.. reached the moustaches.. and now the beards..Lets halt here and explore no further!!!
    your post is attracting me back to IL
    Kerman

Cheeniya likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Cimorene @Kamla
    First mustache, then beards and we'll move on to tails! Being a highly systematic chap, I'll deal with them in that order. I have nothing against mustache but the world is full of mismatch in the sense no one seems to have selected the right kind of mustache for himself. Therefore instead of enhancing the appearance of the person, an ill fitting mustache can make him appear grotesque. The only person who had selected the right kind of mustache and sported it proudly was Salvador Dali, the famous surrealist painter of the last century. All other mustaches and the men who sported them were not the 'made for each other' class.

Beards are different. They are not fussy about the terrain that they occupy. Beards never fail to give a distinguished look to the owners. Let me give you a set of beards that are in demand today:
    [​IMG]

See how the beards merge with the face! Let me give you some names who were made famous by their beards:
    Political: Lenin
    Mystical: Aurobindo
    Poetical: Tagore
    Spiritual: Jakki Vasudev
    Il: cheeniya

When we think of tails, the first name that comes to mind is Hanuman
    @Kamla has mentioned that 'Hanuman's tail upon which he sat it is said in Ravana's court as he was not offered a seat by the ten headed king!' I remember this point being hotly debated in my school during my student days. Hanuman was not given a seat in Ravana's court when he was ensnared by Indrajit and dragged to the court. Hanuman reportedly made his seat with his tail and sat on it towering over Ravana's head. The question was how the seat was made by him. It was then we happened to witness Sampoorna Ramayanam staged by the renowned stage artist Nawab Rajamanickam in which he himself played the role of Hanuman. In that particular scene, this was how he sat on his tail:
    [​IMG]

Tailpiece:
    @kelly1966
    Kerman, would you like to learn anything more in particular about Hanuman's tail? Cimerone and I are ready!
    Sri

Cimorene, kaniths and kelly1966 like this.