1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rajapattai movie review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anurar20, Dec 26, 2011.

1. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

its an average movie its a regular masala movie.

anu : if your kids like stunts, u can take them really they will enjoy.

overall we can watch once, specially for mass masala fans

regards,
    anu

1 person likes this.
  2. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

Funny story :

Vikram says he had taken 17 get-up in this movie, they advertise that way. But 7 or 8, comes in a song, it is just like wearing a different dress. In one scene he will come in Veshti-Sattai, I think they counted that too.
    and remaining get-ups come within 2 mins (I Liked the Singh get up).

After watching the movie I was damn angry to advertise saying he has put 17 Getup's.

1 person likes this.
  3. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

I did not take the risk of watching Kandhasamy:hide: but I saw Bheema and I liked that movie a lot:thumbsup.. Not even a single scene was boring or unnecessary JMO

4. divyasselvan

May be Osthi. I haven't watched it yet, but I heard that you can watch this movie if you don't see any logic. Simbhu and Santhanam works I guess.

Poraali is a decent flick but I think your kids would be bored with this movie. Mayakkam Enna is also a nice movie but not for kids. For that matter any selvaraghavan movie is not for kids ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anu:)
    This is what I wanted to know whether it is mass entertainer or not..
    How about the comedy track?

6. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Mayakkam Enna, I couldn't watch it for more than 5 mins.. Full of darkness,pub.. it was irritating to watch. So I stopped the movie.. As I am hearing good review, I think i should give a try once more...

7. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

my team mates watched it and told it was "Suicidal movie".. producer has taken it just to show loss in their account for tax related issues..

1 person likes this.
  8. AshMenon

AshMenon Gold IL'ite

Even I heard bad reviews about this movie from all my friends who watched this... :(

9. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

A friend of mine watched this movie and has taken a oath of not watching vikram movies again!!!!!!

10. divyasselvan

Rajapattai - Movie Review (as promised)

One of the basic essence of life is trust. Trust we have on ourselves, with life partner, friends and family. Beyond this we also have trust on so many people, like the person in cafeteria who prepares lovely dosa, driver of M15 bus who comes everyday at 9.15, tender coconut selling man, who always gives the best in the lot.. But when they let you down, you don't get angry but just feel sorry for yourselves - For having that trust. That's my feeling while driving back to my home after watching the horrible movie of the year - Rajapattai. The one whom I trusted was Suseendran the director of the movie.
    "Can you forget Karthi wishing a normal head of the household after he himself becoming one - "Dei kudumbasthan da.. Evlo periya kashtham theriyuma athu" - From Naan Mahaan Alla or the peotic scene in Azhagarsami kuthirai when the hero holds the hand of Saranya Mohan or the wonderful narration and portrayal of Kabaddi itself in his Debutant movie - Vennilla Kabaddi Kuzhu, which was far realistic than what Vijay did in Gilli.. Suseendran is one director whom I really hoped to give a decent entertainer - with Vikram, thambi ramaiah, Sreenivasa Rao and Dheeksha seth.
    Please do not get me wrong when I say this is not a decent entertainer. This film does not making our faces frown because of obscene scenes or have any gory bloodshed scenes although it is full and full action movie.
    There was once an interesting well page circulated through forward mails, which will generate story for a movie by itself, after we select some combinations like Name of the hero, what he does, nature of villain and why Hero fights for the cause and how many songs the heroine must appear.

Hero : Gym Boyz(Vikram) acting as action actor aspiring to become villain.
    Heroine : Dheeksha Seth - Pretty face, sharp nose, minimal appearance in movie
    Villain : Akka aka Ranganayaki - Polictical person, killing people for land grabbing.
    Supporting Roles :
    -> Sreenivasa Rao
    -> Thambi Ramaiah
    -> Other Gym boyz
    -> Pradeep Rawat, Wappa
    and many others.
    Vikram meets Sreenivasa Rao who owns an orphanage. Akka wants to own that land because of some upcoming project and uses Sreenivasa Rao, son to get that and decieves him later. So how Vikram fights with Akka and gets back the land forms the remaining part of this never taken story.
    Let's see some positives:
    -> Sreenivasa Rao sir's acting and his other side : I have seen this great actor's acting in one Kamal movie, Yaaradi Nee Mohini and one more movie - in all these movies, he is portrayed as a strict or reserved person. In this movie also, he has some sadness but he has a lighter and brighter side. The scenes where he threatens Dheeksha Seth are the only one enjoyable in the movie and thanks to the director to show something different about this person.
    -> Vikram Physical appearance - Although in certain scenes he looks older, Vikram surely has that Macho look. His other gym boys also make some impression, especially the one who has "who this kolaveri" as his ringtone.
    -> Casting of Akka - I guess she is a new face - Sana, who is acting as Akka aka Ranganayaki. What a face and what an expression. She must be characterized as better looking version of Sorna Akka. She looks and moves around decent and neatly dressed but does rubbish acts.
    -> I loved when Jayaprakash came in the scene. Really he is a versatile actor. Loved his portrayal in Pasanga / Naan Mahan Alla and Yudham Sei.
    -> Paniye Pani Poove song was beautifully captured. But it reminds us Aasai aasai from Dhool and Solli Tharava from Majaa.
    And here are some logical loopholes / negatives / or things that could have been better
    -> Getup's : One of the biggest marketing made for Rajapattai is that vikram comes in 17 Get-up.. Sir Get-up na you go and see Dasavatharam or even Navarathiri. It means you need to portray a character, come and stay atleast for few minutes. He comes in different dresses for a song and assumes it to be Get-up - (7 or 8).. If that is the case, in "Nooru Varusham intha mappilaiyum poonum thaan", Rajini will come in different costumes, but you cannot say that as Get-up or atleast use that as a marketing strategy. Other than that he comes in remaining get-up within 2 minutes just to threaten villain.
    -> Pradeep Rawat is such a strong villain, I hated him in Ghajini, I mean his character, but he is totally spoiled here. When he is showed to be the brain behind Akka is he so stupid not to identify Vikram in all those get-ups? and his death is so sad you know..
    -> Nothing negative about Heroine. She is pretty and cute and has a sharp nose, works for Zylog systems, like how Trisha works for Polaris. I guess now the trend is going to be that the girl works for IT company, which has no value addition to the movie. In fact, without the songs, the heroine themselves are no value addition.
    -> Songs !! when name board was displayed, some guys whistled for Yuvan Shankar Raja. Feel sorry for them - The songs are not creating any impact. Maybe Yuvan decided to make songs from his own songs and thats why they are like this. I would request him to please copy from other albums, atleast we will hear fine and nice music.
    -> Vikram Acting - No I am not saying Vikram is not good at acting. He is a good actor. Agreed. But in this movie he resembles a lot with Vasool Raja, MBBS - his built body and his look, beard etc. In many scenes I got reminded about Kamal sir.
    -> Chemistry between Sreenivasa Rao and Vikram - Very poor plot. Suddenly Vikram risking his life for someone who is running ashram. Atleast a background about Vikram or why he is so impacted by Sreenivara Rao. I heard his dialogue that he want to help Sreenivara Rao, I am looking for much substantial plot and even though Sreenivasa Rao ji hugs Vikram many times, I don't think their chemistry actually worked.
    -> Sreenivara Rao's Son - Very Poor casting and I don't know how a son can be brought up this way, when both his parents are so kind and warm.
    -> Climax - My sister in law told that they were seated in the theatre without knowing that the movie has ended. I thought that was quiet funny. But I was really puzzled why did they have Sreya and Reema Sen in the end of the movie with a song. Is it because both of them lost market in Tamil movies or because the media had already flashed news "Vikram having fun with Sreya and Reema Sen" and they were pressurized to substantiate it, I don't know. If you remember Rajathi Raja, in the end Rajni ends it like this - Becoming a Hero. But Vikram who aspires to become Villain ends up becoming Hero. Why? Why didn't he want to be Hero in the first place. Lot of why?? Anyway the Laddu song had horrible Reema Sen, who was super hot once upon a time and looked even worse with ultra slim Sreya. And before the real climax, the end of Akka was also not interesting, something attempted like Nayagan.

More than anything, in 30 to 40 minutes I didn't feel the need to sit in my seat and watch movie. It was a feeling like reading some monthly status reports in a closed room with no fan or air condition with no one to talk around and have no where to go.
    Since the year end is approaching we always remember and recall events of 2011. Well, 2011 has given me best things in life - Wonderful husband and a new family and because I didn't have anything to feel sad about, God has given me this movie watching experience.
    Rajapattai is the best horrible movie (or Suicidal movie) I have watched in 2011. Even Engeyum Kadhal was better. (Appo naan evlo nondhu poiyiruppen!!!). Some say this is better than Kandhasamy (Appo avanga evlo nondu poiyirupaanga!!! )

5 people like this.