Question regarding provera 10 mg

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by geeta26, Sep 3, 2009.

1. geeta26

geeta26 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am new to the this community.I am in TTC since 3 months.My Periods are usually regular.But this time my period is delayed.I thought i was pregnant but all the tests at home are negative and i saw the gyn, she had done blood tests and said i am not pregnant.She asked me to take pills Provera 10 mg to get my period.But i am little concerned to take pills for getting periods.
    Would there be any side effects with the pills??.Actually i wanted to get them normal see for few days coz i didn't have this long delay in periods before.

so plz help i am confused..any one in the same boat...

Thanks,
    Geeta

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

when usually periods are regular, I would wait for some more time to give body time to adjust itself back to rythm. Provera is progesterone supplement when used for certain period (as told by Dr. , 10 days, or 14 days continously) and stopped, then the levels of pregesterone will slowly come down in body and body thinks it is time to shed the uterine lining and thus gets periods(this is what happens in body on regular monthly basis).

nothing wrong in using them when you still see problem in regularity. as far as I remember(I also used them in my early 20s) I didn't see any side effects. try to eat sprouts int the breakfast time, it has lot of protien and good fats and fibre to produce hormones naturally in body.

Sujatha.

3. geeta26

geeta26 New IL'ite

Thanks sujatha for ur suggestion.
    If u take provera now when u can expect ur next period?like after a week again or same day of next month u can expect period? how does it work?

Geeta.

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I agree Provera is just used to increase the progestrone levels.It doesn't harm.I myself have taken it 2 times,since my periods are not regular.You just have to take it for 10 days ,after completing 10 days of tablets you can expect your period by a week.

5. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hi geeta,

I also didnt get periods for 50 days and my gyn gave me Deviry 10mg which is the same as Provera 10mg. Its perfectly OK to take it incase the periods is delayed and there is no sign of pregnancy. My reason for delay is due to PCOD , I do not know if you also have it. Even otherwise stress and hectic work schedules and food habits play a role in delaying the periods. So dont worry , you can take it without fear, its just a progestone supplement.

6. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi geeta
    even i had taken provera oncethere is no side effect because of it.it will bring ur periods.so dont worry and try to find out the reason for delay in periods.

7. geeta26

geeta26 New IL'ite

Thanks for ur replies...I got my period y'day without taking provera.
    i guess no need for provera now.