1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Putting oneself out of a situation?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Dec 8, 2011.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Good one Srama :)
    A very sensible way to tackle situations, stay detached and watch as a spectator rather than put yourself into it(easy said than done, at least for me ;-). Not only will it prevent one from being judgmental or hypocritical, but also help to understand things with an unbiased perspective.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear kamalji,

I have been thinking about your example of doctors and the way I look at it would be - The doctor should forget he is a doctor and let another doctor do the surgery. That I think would be putting himself out of the situation :)

Feed back to bloggers - believe it or not Kamalji, I do do it. I constantly look at the number of snippets I do manage to respond to despite the best of my intentions and only feel grateful for any/all the responses I get!

Thank you Kamalji for your feedback.

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha..A very thought provoking note from u ( as usual :)) . You are absolutely right..sometimes emotionally detaching ourselves helps us to get a good perspective of the problem. Empathizing works too..but it has the potential to cripple our capacity to analyze and solve the problem at hand.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Certainly Mikku I agree with you. Just being able to do that may be once a day will do wonders to us and many a times even when a child is throwing tantrums it may not be way too unreasonable like this child on the radio - you should listen to believe it! Striking a balance is the key in many areas!

Thank you for your feedback and please do accept my apologies in getting back to you so late!

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you kamla for your feedback and please do accept my apologies for the delayed response! You are right often being in situations is what helps us to learn to stay out! and it is indeed a blessing to be able to step out so that we get a wider a view like you said.

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Latha for your feedback and it is nice to see that you already practice it :) and my apologies for the delayed response!

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Your response brought a smile Srini well practice is practice before or after and hopefully comes at the right time at a later stage! Thank you Srini for your response and please do accept my apologies for the delayed response!

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

that certainly seems to be the truth Cheeniya sir! Thank you for your wonderful feedback! and again my apologies for the delayed response. the tantrums had to be heard to be believed and I am still trying to understand how this works. I was certainly drawn into the confusion! As for older people throwing tantrums, we do know that old age is the second childhood. Don't we?

Only if we can kick box Cheeniya sir, only if we can! and in many a situation, it is becoming easier for me to step out than to get involved even if it means giving up the pleasure of joining the fray and kick box every one!

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Bhargavi! Certainly something to ruminate on and hopefully incorporate :) And again, apologies for the delayed response.

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hopefully Navs! It is something we can learn to some extent I guess! Thank you for your feedback.