Purchasing Unique Golu Dolls

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by vanisriv, Sep 26, 2012.

1. vanisriv

vanisriv Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I am looking for some specific dolls for this years golu and would like to know where I can get. I live in Adyar and checked Mylapore last year. They had only standard sets like dasavatharam etc. Not too many random ones.

Have Kuralagam is good. Does anything have a contact with whom I can check before going that far?

Thank you
    Vani

2. sumathiragavan

sumathiragavan New IL'ite

you can get unique golu dolls in kosapet, arumbakkam. if u wnat i will giv u d adresses. i am also planning to sell some of my old golu dolls. if u r intrested let me kno.

3. sumathiragavan

sumathiragavan New IL'ite

modern designs, mr. nithyanand, 9840308346

4. vanisriv

vanisriv Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sumathi..would it be possible to send me pics of the golu dolls you are planning to sell? Let me know and I will send PM

5. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

HI Ladies

I am interested in keeping Golu.. But please tell me what to do if we get periods during that time..

Lets say i got periods in middle of Golu (b/w 9 days).

Or i have periods on couple of days during golu (lets say i completed 5days on 3rd day of navaratri)
    What should i do during this time ?

6. msriman

msriman New IL'ite

hi sumathi, i am also interested in findign out more about your old dolls. if they are unique sets, i am very much interested. I am looking for sets like jaanavaasam, kadai veedhi, jallikkattu sets, to name a few.

i have about 60 sets, which includes standard ones and some unique ones. please let me know by pm. thx.

i have been keeping golu for the past 16 years and do thematic ones each year.

7. msriman

msriman New IL'ite

nothing, just dont go near the golu but ask someone in your house, be it ur husband or kids to just offer fruits or even raisins/kalkandu or some milk to the Gods there. after the 4th day, u can take a head shower and do the usual stuff.

8. vgetin

vgetin New IL'ite

i am interested in getting 4 bhavas of godess durga for navarathri (next year)

9. jpenumudi

jpenumudi New IL'ite

Hi, I have just started keeping golu for pongal. from last year even I started having thematic golu. this year i am having a wedding theme. I am planning to get bride and groom sets that represent each state in India. do you have any idea where I can find these wedding dolls or any dolls that suit the wedding theme. Also can you post me pictures of your thematic golu. i will have an idea. Thank you .