1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Proud!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jul 12, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It was very proud then. It never had any feeling before while it was plain. After they rolled it and made it to a smooth finish, it was left there. Before it was an old mirror, which reflected it, though not fully. Seeing its own reflection, it suddenly realized that it was beautiful. "How bright and smooth I am!", it said to itself.

Two men came and carried it to a nearby location. "How heavy I am! It takes two to carry me!", it thought. As they were carrying it, one of them cursed it for being so heavy. "Hey! Lets rest it in that bus stop for a while!", he said and without waiting for his partner, put his end down. It fell down with a thud and didn't like it. "Mannerless fellow!", it said. He didn't hear it though. Both the guys went to have a cup of tea.

Left to itself, it looked around. To its disappointment, it was rested horizontally on a big rusted iron seat arrangement where all the rods were 'dirty'. "How can they do this to me? Idiots!", it said. The horizontal beam of the seat laughed. "What makes you so proud?", it asked. "Look at me! And look at you! How can they keep me next to you?", it said. "Why? What's wrong?", the rusty beam asked and then continued.

"I should be prouder than you, for, I am serving people for so long already!", it said. The new steel pole kept quiet.

2. applevaio

applevaio Silver IL'ite

Good one RGS.. This one reminds me a story which i studied in my childhood days. Its a story about slipper and umbrella. Umbrella thinks that its a great one and very proud that it always stay above on men's head and save them from heat. It also thinks that slipper is nothing compared to it and always under men's feet. Somehow Umbrella will come to know the importance of slipper and lose it ego.

3. applevaio

applevaio Silver IL'ite

This story teaches me that don't judge anyone with their personalty and everything has some value.

4. rgsrinivasan

The direct example is from Ramayana, AppleVaio. Rama's pathukas were kept in the throne while he was away. Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thats a fantastic feedback AppleVaio. Thanks a lot. -rgs

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi rgs,

A good one!! kept me guessing till the end. this reminded me of a story where the wind taunts sun and keeps insisting that he was the strongest. The sun disagrees but does not argue. They see a man walking with coat. The wind says that i can blow away the coat in a second. The wind challenges saying that it can remove the coat. The wind blows with furious force and the man holds on more tightly to his coat with the increase of speed.

Finally, the wind gives up. now the sun smiles spreads its golden light, and the warmth increases, the man is happy and when he starts slightly sweating, he removes his coat and continues walking.

The wind accepts its failure.

Akila

7. rgsrinivasan

That was a nice story Akila. Thanks for sharing that and for your appreciation. -rgs

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

9. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

A very nice one RGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. rgsrinivasan

Extremely glad to see you back and get such lovely feedback again, Sunitha. Thanks a lot. -rgs