Prayers With Shraddha And Saburi

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by suryakala, Jun 2, 2016.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:thinking: I know not.
    The question never rose in mind.
    I also hope to learn too when someone posts the answer.
    Meanwhile let me search.

2. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

Swahili saburi appears to be loaned from Arabic ((link)) I wonder if there was a Swahili connection or if the word was modified in the same way in his local language.

kkrish, sokanasanah and Gauri03 like this.
  3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

UOTE="sokanasanah, post: 4009234, member: 119714"]'Shraddha' is a Sanskrit word that I am familiar with. What is the origin of the term 'Saburi'? What language is it? What is its etymology? I have not come across it, in an Indian context, outside of the Shirdi Sai Baba literature. If anyone knows, I would appreciate hearing about it!

PS: I have not read every post in this thread, so if this has already been discussed, my apologies! Please point me to the relevant posts.[/QUOTE]
    Dear @sokanasanah , dear @kkrish and dear @PepperPot ,

In my view the Arabic word " Saburi" got adapted in Urdu, as such meaning Patience, forbearance or endurance. (ref: Roman to urdu meaning of saburi | Urdu English Dictionary | Urduinc )

"Sai Baba explicitly asked for these two qualities in His devotees by giving his self experiential instance that his "Murshid" or Master asked from him only two pice- one Shraddha and the other Saburi".
    (Ref: "Shraddha & Saburi" - Baba's Teaching --> Qualities of a devotee ).

May Baba bless you with happiness in abundance.

coolmum, kkrish and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

My Urdu reading is not the greatest, but this page just says "Saburi ke angrezi matlab"* in Urdu, followed by "Patience, forbearance, endurance" in English, and nothing more!:lol:
    That was a great link! Sometimes I forget how powerful Google is. I thought it might be cumbersome to search, so I didn't bother!:oops:Thanks!

*The Urdu script literally reads "Saburi - meaning in English" i.e it conveys no information - cognates (Urdu), etymology etc. are left blank.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    PepperPot and suryakala like this.
  5. suryakala

BBA.JPG

Dear Members of IL Family,

Have a blessed Thursday.

May Sai Baba bless us all in abundance.

Baba, is very very kind, understands and blesses with what He thinks the best for the true devotee.

Dear @Shanvy , today, I prayed for you, your DH, your DD and your DS. May Baba bless you all with good health, happiness and prosperity and fulfill your prayers.

Dear DDs and sisters- @iamsrihere , @subashini07 , @waiting4rmlong , @Babyhope86 ,
    @svaac , @bindu22 , @Godbless8 , @wish4miracle , @Pri25080 , @Rajivijay90 , -Today, in my Thursday prayers, I prayed Baba to fulfill your prayers and bless you all with a lovely child soon.

Dear DDs - @Vani09 , @Sijo157 , - today in my Thursday Prayers, I prayed Baba to fulfill your prayers
    and bless you with an early marriage and a very happy married life thereafter.

Dear DD @28neha , today I prayed for you. May Sai Baba bless you and your child during pregnancy , safe delivery and thereafter.

Dear DD @hemavijay , today, I prayed for you. May Baba bless you and bless you with a happy and cheerful life.

Dear @lakshmikguru- today, I prayed for you to be blessed with a good job and for your children and also for your sister Angai. May Baba bless you and your children with all good things in life. May Baba bless your sister and fulfill her wishes soon.

Dear @ChandrikaV , today I prayed for you and prayed for your sons also. May Baba bless them with an early marriage and a very happy married life thereafter. May Sai Baba bless you and your family in abundance.

Dear DD @sangeethakripa , today I prayed for you and your family. May Baba bless you and your family with good health, happiness and prosperity.

Dear DD @coolmum , today I prayed for your son and I prayed for your niece Ragalakshmi also. May Baba bless your son with good health, happiness and prosperity. May Baba bless her with an early marriage and a very happy married life thereafter.

Dear @prreeya , today, I prayed for you. May Baba bless you with a very cheerful life soon.

Dear DD @Babyhope86 , today, I prayed for you. May Baba bless you with a happy and cheerful life soon.

Dear @RekhaKulkarni , today, I prayed for you. May Baba bless you with a very cheerful life soon.

May Sai Baba bless you and your families with the fulfillment of all prayers for which we pray together.

SEP 21.jpg

6. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Thank you maa @suryakala for baba's darshan and prayers. its a bliss to see Him every Thursday.

Dear Baba, please bless Suryakala maa and her family who prays for our wellbeing selflessly. Bless all needy and shower your grace for all especially children. We are forever grateful to You, thank you.

Pri25080 and suryakala like this.
  7. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ma,

Thank u very much for the prayers. Such a divine and beautiful darshan!
    Om Sairam.

suryakala likes this.
  8. Teju2017

Teju2017 New IL'ite

Ma thankyou for your prayers.. please continue praying for me... Hope for some miracle soon

suryakala likes this.
  9. suryakala

Dear DD @Teju2017 ,

Hope you are doing fine with Baba's blessings. I will continue to pray for you.

Baba is very kind. I am sure He will bless our prayers. I will continue to pray for you.

May Baba to fulfill your prayers and bless you with an early marriage and a very happy married life thereafter.

Om Sri Sainath.

Pri25080 likes this.
  10. suryakala

Dear DD @wish4miracle ,

It gives me great peace and bliss to pray for you and your DH.

I am glad you enjoyed the darshan of Baba!

DD, Thank you for your kind prayer.

I will continue to pray for you. I am sure Baba will bless our prayers.

May Baba bless you and your DH with a lovely child soon.

Om SriSainath.

Pri25080 likes this.