1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Prayers for health

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

“What time he has to come in?” asked my wife. The attendant at the medical center responded, “He has to come in at 7:45 a.m. We will do a complete annual medical checkup and dental review during his stay in the outpatient facility for a day depending on the results he could be out anytime between 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.” My wife is so much worried about what would be the outcome of this one day medical checkup tomorrow.

Despite all the assurance from the entire medical team including the physicians that he appears healthy, she wouldn’t rest and relentlessly pray for the good results. As a ritual, she has already taken a dollar coin and tied it up with a while cloth that is soaked in turmeric water. She started off chants that is specifically for Aditya, Ganesha, Hanuman, Lalitha, Shiva and Vishnu. After nearly hour and thirty minutes worth of prayers, she went into reading Sundara Kandam followed by Mooka Pancha Sati. Finally, when she finished aarathi, I knew her prayers have come to an end.

After finishing all her rituals, she called the medical center one more time to find out who would be the resident physician tomorrow. To her surprise and shock, she found out the regular physician Dr.H left the job and instead Dr.F will be the resident physician. She called the attendant and asked her how they could schedule a medical checkup day without ascertaining with her whether she is okay to proceed without Dr.H. The attendant was apologetic and suggested, if my wife so desires, she could reschedule to another day with a physician of her choice. I have to tell over and over again that it would be okay to have a different physician as she is equally qualified to review the reports coming out of annual medical checkup. Finally, she yielded to my words but only after the attendant assuring that she would allow my wife to meet the physician at 9 a.m. on the scheduled day.

She organized for the diet for this evening and she decided to observe diet to give company. My wife’s mother all of a sudden suggested why don’t she pray for Lord Ganesha and do some modhagams that can be made as Prasad for Lord Ganesha and distribute in the temple. Immediately, she had a quick shower and started making modhagams. After I finished with my work, she said we had to rush to the temple in the evening to pray to the Lord Ganesha. I readily agreed and as planned the Prasad was offered to Lord Ganesha and then offered to the devotees in the temple.

When I was returning from the temple, I politely asked her, “Are you peaceful now?” She answered my question with another question, “How do you expect me to be peaceful until the physician declares all the medical reports are normal?” As a good husband I nodded my head in affirmation and in a feeble voice said, “Everything will be normal tomorrow”.

Tomorrow is a big day. I am pretty sure my wife will wake up very early to offer her prayers and be ready to leave sharp at 7:30 p.m. to proceed to the outpatient facility. I am not sure whether she would stay all day in the medical facility or return home to eat her lunch. My wife gets really nervous whenever anesthesia has to be administered. All her actions makes me further nervous resulting in me praying not only for good health but also restore peace in my wife’s mind.

“Will you not make a big deal if it is for you?’ she asked. She further added, “He doesn’t speak and we have to think from his mind to do whatever we can to make him comfortable throughout the medical checkup.” What can I say in response? The words will not comfort her and therefore, I joined her in her prayers. I hope Orion will feel better as quickly as possible after his annual medical checkup. If he is dull and inactive for 24 hours, it means all of us needs to be moron faced to give him company. I know he deserves all love and attention from my wife and I wish I can think like her to express so much love. I only spend specific time slots with him and he comes to me only for taking him out or to sit by my side in a chair while I work quietly in my office.

3 people like this.

2. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Viswa Sir ,

At first I thought the "patient" was you , but could not suppress my laughter when you mentioned Orion...laugh1smileyLOL ... But I do have a question , were you feeling proud about having such a loving person for a wife or simply jealous ? Just curious...gigglingsmiley

Regards,

Pavithra

1 person likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Viswa Sir, sincere prayers for Orions good health. I am not a dog person but still if I had a dog then I would be equally worried as I would be for my child's health. Good luck with physicals tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Googly indeed!! :) Is Orion a pup? Remember reading in some other thread... :)
    My best regards to him & your wife!! lol :p

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Pavithra,

it wasn't me and it is our dearest pup due for annual medical checkup tomorrow. I am 90% proud of my affectionate wife but 10% jealous for not getting the same attention Orion gets from her. She has a good reason to treat him very special.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

@jskls,

Thank you you for your kind prayer. I am sure he would come out healthy as Gods generally yield to the true prayers of devotees.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

@kaniths,

if if it is Googly, then, I didn't do well. I expected this to be a bouncer. :) Yes. He is our dearest pup. I will certainly convey your regards to both of them.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Sincere prayers for the good health of beloved Orion.Once the pet is at home, he/she becomes a member of the house and all our worries about our children are felt in case of pets too.Even today pets are not common in Chennai. In 1970, when we built our new home, on the Gruhapravesam day, our neighbour visited us along with his pet. My grand father-in-law and all the elderly people gave an aversive look and considered it even inauspicious to bring a dog on the Gruhapravesam day.
    Later we came to know how they loved Robin and he won't allow the mami to leave the house without him.He was looked after just like a child.Robin was afraid of cracker sounds.For a week during Deepavali he would be hiding beneath the cot, with all windows and doors closed.
    Robin lived with them for 14 long years.My husband, MIL and all others didn't like bringing up pets.

jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Thank you for your prayers. After my wife pestering the medical facility, they called to let us know that his blood work is normal. He is now ready for dental cleaning and any other vaccination that he needs to have after administering anesthesia. We have a medical plan that costs $45 per month that covers most expenses such as routine preventive care unless he had to go through a surgical procedure which is not covered under the plan.

My son has been asking for puppy since his young age but my wife has been refusing to give him a dog until he finishes his school. As soon as he finished school, he asked for a puppy and told that he was going to look after him wherever he is. But because of his tight schedule, he figured out that it is not easy to look after the puppy. He brought him over and asked us to look after him.

Now he is six years old but very small in size weighing 12.5 pounds. We can't spend a day without him now. Hopefully, he would not have too much toothache when he returns later in the evening.

I am pretty sure your grandchildren would demand puppies very soon.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    We never had any pets, but we consider our plants as our pets. We cajole them and admonish them and pray for them to grow up healthily. Though we water them regularly, as they also need heavenly rain we pray Varuna bhagawan. We also pray to Sun God to curtail his dhikshanyam.
    Of course we are feeding crows, pigeons and squirrels and keeping water for them thrice a day.

PS