Prasava lehiyam

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vkswamy84, Mar 5, 2014.

1. vkswamy84

vkswamy84 New IL'ite

Dear Members :

Now a days people are not following traditional method of health tips. During traditional days Prasava Lehiyam were prepared and given to the girl. During my childhood days my patti and Amma asked us to grind the ingrediants in Attukal and the smell will spread all through the house. Today no one know how to prepare the lehiyam. Most of the people are purchasing chyavanaprasam and some people are not having faith in this lehiyam.

There are about 47 items will be included in the lehiyam but now I could not recollect all the items. As per my knowledge following few items are required to prepare Prasava Lehiyam. They are :

01. Vaali Manjal
    02. Sukku
    03. Milagu
    04. Val Milagu
    05. Arisi Thippili
    05. Jadi Kai
    06. Vasambu
    07. Sitharathai
    08. Kothamalli Virai
    09. Pacha Arisi
    10. Vasambu
    11. Jeeragam
    12. Mendiyam

There are other items are included in the lehiyam. I would like to know the correct measurement and ingrediants of Prasava Lehiyam preparation. This will be much helpful as my daughter is on family way and this lehiyam will be much useful.

If we buy from Nattu Marundhu Kadai the lehiyam is not in good preparation. Therefore, I would like to prepare the same in my house.

I request the members to give me details for which I shall be thankful.

Regards,

2 people like this.